Need Help on NCL vs Royal Caribbean Cruise decision

rolloman

Ok here is the scoop. I have narrowed down between Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Seas and the new NCL Jewel. I have never sailed NCL before. For the same money Royal Caribbean offers an 8 day D1 Balcony and NCL offers a 7 day Mini Suite which gives you conceirge service. IF the concierge is the same as RCL concierge offers on its suite purchases which is free happy hour in the lounge I would lean towards NCL. I am also worried about the comparison of food NCL vs RCL. Thanks for any help/opinions provided!

P.S. the Itinerary is virtually the same.

i have sailed both line and prefer ncl much more over rccl. food is much better and the jewel is going to be an unbelievable ship. i wouldn't pass up the chance to sail on her in a second.

you can see my last cruise on the ncl spirit at http://www.jeffandjenette.com go to the pictures section and click on the link for the spirit. we had a great penthouse and i'd do it in a hearbeat all over again.

hope that helps a lil....

jeff

I found the food to be very similar on both cruises. The kids club is much better on RCCL but of course Norwegian has freestyle dining neither of which may be determining factors. Other than thet I didn't see much difference except the boat itself but sounds like you have that covered.

I've also sailed on both. I tend to lean toward NCL more. I think the main thing is the freestyle cruising. Jewel of the Seas looks like an amazing ship, but so does the Jewel. My wonderful BF and I are booked on a Dec. sailing on the Jewel. I guess It's just a matter of what your family will prefer. I don't think you will go wrong with either. Keep us updated.

The mini suite on NCL doesn't have the same type Concierge service as you would get on RCI if you are a diamond member or if you were in a suite on RCI. The concierge for a junior suite will make your tender arrangements if you tender into a port and make reservations at the specialty restaurants. There isn't a concierge lounge on NCL. (I say that based on the fact we were in a junior suite on the Star.) I don't think the regular dining room food was anything special on NCL but the specialty restaurants were great. That includes the free ones too. I like the freestyle dining, but the concierge lounge that RCI has is great too. I'd have a hard time making the decision you are faced with.

Katie

Archived