Self Serve Laundry on Ruby Princess

margord

Does anyone know whether you still need quarters or can use your cruise card in the self serve laudry facilities on the Ruby Princess. In the past we used quarters but Royal now has it so you use your cruise card. I was wondering if they put that system into place in other ships, specially the Ruby Princess.

Marilee

Marilee ... How did you like using your cruise card for doing laundry on Royal Princess?

Seems like it might be more convenient?

LuLu

Actually it was very convenient and easy. The change machine is frequently out of quarters and you have to go all the way to passenger services. And sometimes by doing that you lose your place in line if it is a busy time in the self serve laundry. So this was much easier. I actually started bringing my quarters with me but didn't want to do it this time if they had the new way installed.

Marilee

They are slowly changing over the fleet to cruise cards.

I thought they were. We will be on the Ruby the end of June/beginning July. Just wondering if anyone knew if it had been changed since FritzG was on in March.

I thought they were. We will be on the Ruby the end of June/beginning July. Just wondering if anyone knew if it had been changed since FritzG was on in March.

I hope they're changed by the time we take the ta in September. The cruise card would be so much easier to use than quarters.

My tip for the self-service laundry is to check out the deck plans to find the closest one to your cabin. Sometimes it's on a different deck. For instance, on the Sapphire Princess our cabin was at the bow of the ship on the Baja Deck. I did not think to check out the deck plans before starting my laundry in the self-service near the back of the ship.

Ruby April 3 - 10th, still using quarters.:)

Loved it on the Royal using the cruise card.

My tip for the self-service laundry is to check out the deck plans to find the closest one to your cabin. Sometimes it's on a different deck. For instance, on the Sapphire Princess our cabin was at the bow of the ship on the Baja Deck. I did not think to check out the deck plans before starting my laundry in the self-service near the back of the ship.

Great tip.

Could anyone tell me how many "quarters" are needed to use the washing machines & driers? We're from the UK so will we need to bring some dollars so we can get them changed into quarters? Do we do this at the Pursers desk. We'll bring our own washing powder.

Could anyone tell me how many "quarters" are needed to use the washing machines & driers? We're from the UK so will we need to bring some dollars so we can get them changed into quarters? Do we do this at the Pursers desk. We'll bring our own washing powder.

Normally it has been 8 ($2) to wash and 8 to dry; so 16 ($4) for both.

Marilee

Thank you: we'll get some notes changed when we are boarded.

Just double check that they laundry facilities haven't been upgraded to use the card before going for the quarters. :)

Marilee