Cruise Complainers

Yes we have heard many complaints on the ships usually about small things but still complaints. And merion mom is right. There are a lot of complainers in the diamond and concierge lounges. We hear it all the time. We just tend to tune it out. I think a vacation is what you make and if you want to be miserable I won't be sitting with you

We went on a family cruise that grew from 8-10 to 27 family members that invited themselves along. Unfortunately, we brought the MOANERS with us. They complained about the food while in the dining room at EVERY meal, and about every dish, without exception. They wanted sauces removed from dishes, items removed from salads, switching side dishes, asking for different condiments, telling the waiters what could have been done to the dishes to improve them. They were a nightmare. It was embarrassing and unnerving. Fortunately, no other guests were subjected to them as we had about 3 large tables for just our family. They were constantly wanting to switch tables and didn't understand why they couldn't just move to whatever table was empty when they arrived in the dining room..you name it, they complained and moaned. We've never been near some of them since this trip and I apologize profusely if you were on this cruise and were subjected to running into them at any time. They even complained one morning because the humidity fogged up their camera and slung the camera down on a lounger, then whined because the camera was screwed up. They are basically miserable people and took their miserable attitude with them on the cruise. Moaners are moaners on land or on a cruise. We've been on 16 cruises and if you can't be happy on a cruise, there's no hope for you. It's the only cruise we've ever been happy to see end.

Yikes :eek: I genuinely feel sorry for people like that who constantly look for reasons to NOT enjoy anything. That must be an awful way to go through life, pissed off all the time. :(

Last cruise one of our party was a first time cruiser who found he loved every single thing about the cruising experience. At one point during the week, he found himself in conversation with the proverbial "moaner" - the ship wasn't good enough, the food stunk, the drinks cost too much, 50+ cruises and this was garbage. My friend said directly to him "If you can't enjoy this ship and the wonderful vacation it provides, there's no hope for you in life".

Thus ended the moaning.

I get that people try cruises and they're not for them, but why do people continue cruising dozens of times if it really is so bad, and in such decline. There are other holiday options out there!

Hi to all Royal Caribbean Cruisers.

I am a British Cruiser who has never cruised on Royal Caribbean

but have a question for all those who do. During your cruise to you ever hear of fellow passengers in general discussion Complaing about such things as:

Falling Standards, Poor Food,Poor Entertainment, The standards of Fellow Pasengers etc.

I ask because on a UK forum I contribute to these type of people are referred to as "Moaners" and according to fellow Brits who cruise with American Lines they never hear such complaints aboard American ships.

I thank you for any reply's received.

While I still enjoy cruising, I have heard all of these complaints, SOME of which are IMO fully justified. Many these writers are not 'moaners', they are veteran cruisers who have seen many short cuts that have been taken over the years.

The chances are that more 'complaints' might come from R.C. than some of the other lines.

You get what you pay for.

john

You can please some of the people some of the time all of the people some of the time some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time.

Their will always be someone unhappy about something ,I think life's to short your on vacation relax enjoy your time off .:D

I complain every cruise.:) I complain that the cruise has ended and I have to go home!

We have met complainers on several cruises and have sometimes wondered "What in the world? Are we really on the same cruise?"

While there are some who may have legitimate complaints, like bathroom backups or lost luggage, I always find it amusing to hear things like "I didn't know the island was going to be so hot" or "There was a line at the buffet." or " I didn't like the dessert last night. The food is awful."

We always travel with an open mind and find as many things to enjoy as we can. We have seen some great sights, some great entertainers and met some very fun people.

We have had some great and maybe not so great food but it is impossible to not find something you like on a cruise.

We always appreciate the crew who are taking care of us and can't wait to sail again.

I think people in general need to lower their expectations a bit when it comes to service and especially food on a cruise ship.

Outright bad or rude service should not be accepted anywhere. But sometimes people expect too much personalized attention. That’s just not going to happen on ships with passenger counts of 2,500 and up. A friend once complained about service at a mega resort in Vegas. I had to remind him it had over 3,000 rooms. :rolleyes:

In terms of food, people need to understand and appreciate the logistics of serving thousands of passengers not to mention crew members at one time. And don’t forget they are using electric ovens and cook tops. A huge disadvantage. I’ve never really had “bad food” on a cruise. If I want a food centric vacation a cruise ship would be the last place I go.

Edited by floridafish

I think people in general need to lower their expectations a bit when it comes to service and especially food on a cruise ship.

Outright bad or rude service should not be accepted anywhere. But sometimes people expect too much personalized attention. That’s just not going to happen on ships with passenger counts of 2,500 and up. A friend once complained about service at a mega resort in Vegas. I had to remind him it had over 3,000 rooms. :rolleyes:

In terms of food, people need to understand and appreciate the logistics of serving thousands of passengers not to mention crew members at one time. And don’t forget they are using electric ovens and cook tops. A huge disadvantage. I’ve never really had “bad food” on a cruise. If I want a food centric vacation a cruise ship would be the last place I go.

well said, i have seen many say it is applebees quality, i think that being unfair, its quite better than that. and i agree you have to keep your expectations realistic.

Edited by Harooni

I don't think this applies to the actual ships, but if you want to see CC moaners, head over to the Celebrity forum! The weariness has gotten a bit out of hand.

My cousin is a frequent Celebrity cruiser. It’s the only line I can remember him taking until last summer he booked a short Carnival trip.

He came back incredibly impressed with the service and food on CC. Especially in the MDR.

While the ships on Celebrity are more to his liking, he had a blast on CC.

Hi to all

I posted the same question on both the Celebrity and Princess Boards and for some reason it disappeared , once again I thank you all for reading my post and taking the time to reply.Happy cruising to you all and I may well be in port with you during our forthcoming cruise in the Caribbean 28/02/15 to 12/03/15 onboard P&O Cruises Ventura.

Jim.

My cousin is a frequent Celebrity cruiser. It’s the only line I can remember him taking until last summer he booked a short Carnival trip.

He came back incredibly impressed with the service and food on CC. Especially in the MDR.

While the ships on Celebrity are more to his liking, he had a blast on CC.

Mostly the complaining on Celebrity has been done by a minority spreading fear and negative hype, scaring everyone. What I find irritating is the notion that people are getting swindled because something changed, anything, after final payment date. Celebrity could literally swap kiwis for strawberries in the buffet, and these people will say that got burned because they PAID for strawberries!

None the less, I'm looking forward to my first Celebrity cruise, and have a great group of people on the roll call. We're sailing Carnival again as well, the MDR is one of our favorites!

Edited by Stateroom_Sailor

Hi to all Royal Caribbean Cruisers.

I am a British Cruiser who has never cruised on Royal Caribbean

but have a question for all those who do. During your cruise to you ever hear of fellow passengers in general discussion Complaing about such things as:

Falling Standards, Poor Food,Poor Entertainment, The standards of Fellow Pasengers etc.

I ask because on a UK forum I contribute to these type of people are referred to as "Moaners" and according to fellow Brits who cruise with American Lines they never hear such complaints aboard American ships.

I thank you for any reply's received.

On occasion we have met people in the Diamond Lounge who aren't happy about one thing or another. We just let them talk and then try and avoid them the next night.

With the exception of this insanely crazy lady from New Jersey on my very first cruise (who I have no idea what type of cruiser she was, I just knew I wanted to jump overboard if I had to be within 100' of her), I would say the overwhelming majority of complainers we've encountered are high level cruisers.

The new folks just have a good time. The "fancy" cruisers whine about how they used to get so much more and how back in the day they were honored and revered. Whine, whine, whine, moan, moan, moan, denigrate, denigrate, denigrate.

There was one lady, in particular, that I wanted to rip her fancy pin off and force her to eat it. Between insulting everyone on the ship who wasn't D+ or better and complaining about how awful things had become... one could only hope she moved to Siberia and could no longer cruise.

I would say the overwhelming majority of complainers we've encountered are high level cruisers.

The new folks just have a good time. The "fancy" cruisers whine about how they used to get so much more and how back in the day they were honored and revered. Whine, whine, whine, moan, moan, moan, denigrate, denigrate, denigrate.

There was one lady, in particular, that I wanted to rip her fancy pin off and force her to eat it. Between insulting everyone on the ship who wasn't D+ or better and complaining about how awful things had become... one could only hope she moved to Siberia and could no longer cruise.

Does anybody else see the irony of this thread?:rolleyes:

Burt

• 4 weeks later...