Photos QM2 WB 10th Ann. May 9th Crossing.

pepperrn

Photos of the QM2 West Bound May 9th voyage (and departure from Southampton) are available via the link below under "QM2 10th Anniversary Crossing"

(More photos to add shortly...)

Happy sailings to all :) .

For Pepper...

Magnificent pictures from our marvelous trip...thank you so much for sharing your beloved QM2 photos with us and taking us back to that glorious week. Your shots of the moonlit night views were spectacular, especially in light of the fact that the sunsets were few and far between. What kind of camera do you have? Your zoomed in shots are so clear! With your many times on the QM2, you know exactly where to get the great pictures from. We appreciate all your efforts in labeling them, as it will help us to identify some of many pictures that we took. WELL DONE !!! You and your previous photos were an enormous help to us as we planned for this epic crossing...even now, in the aftermath of our week aboard this famous ship, we're again assisted with your on-going knowledge. We're so glad that we got to meet you onboard and share our appreciation with you in person. Hopefully our paths will cross again, as we hope to enjoy the QM2 again in our cruising (and now crossing) future.

As always,

Deb & Kerry

Edited by debjo

Thank you so much....I've been anxiously awaiting your wonderful pictures. I only took a few people pictures because I figured "why bother, yours are so much better anyway". And I was right....wonderful pictures as always but I enjoyed these even more knowing I was there......somewhere.

I love that you got a few kennel pictures as I finally made my way up there but minus the camera. Thank you

I think it's about time to look at all of your pictures again, I have a few days to spare. :D

For brigittetom...

I had to put my cursor over each of pepperrn's photos and move it to get the "labels"...it should work for you too.

Debjo

More fabulous photos by you, Pepper. Always so professional and great to see. Glad you enjoyed another crossing! Thank you!
Hello Oahucruiser,

Thank you for your compliments :o , yes, the crossing was one of the best I've ever had. From the jazz band playing at the entrance to the Ocean Terminal to the hassle-free and speedy departure at Brooklyn, it was superb.

Thank you again, very kind of you :),

All best wishes,

Nice pictures, makes me miss the ship!
Hi cap'n,

Well I'm certain the ship misses you! Still, cannot be too long before you're back in the Chart Room :) . Glad you liked the photos,

Hope our paths cross again soon. Thank you :) ,

Another great set to add to your collection! (I think I see my arm in one of them!) Thanks Pepper! Rob
Hello Rob,

Thank you :) , (I'm now searching the photos looking for an arm! :) :) )

All best wishes,

More wonderful pictures Pepper! I really love how you tell what each picture is with the title over each one...no guessing! Thank you very much!
Hi alibabacruisers,

So pleased you like them :o , (I'm adding more captions (and additional information on some if the photo is "clicked" on) on each photo in turn as fast as I can, sorry to be slow).

Thank you again, very good of you, I hope you have a wonderful time on QE in seven months :) ,

Edited by pepperrn

For Pepper... Magnificent pictures from our marvelous trip...thank you so much for sharing your beloved QM2 photos with us and taking us back to that glorious week. Your shots of the moonlit night views were spectacular, especially in light of the fact that the sunsets were few and far between. What kind of camera do you have? Your zoomed in shots are so clear! With your many times on the QM2, you know exactly where to get the great pictures from. We appreciate all your efforts in labeling them, as it will help us to identify some of many pictures that we took. WELL DONE !!! You and your previous photos were an enormous help to us as we planned for this epic crossing...even now, in the aftermath of our week aboard this famous ship, we're again assisted with your on-going knowledge. We're so glad that we got to meet you onboard and share our appreciation with you in person. Hopefully our paths will cross again, as we hope to enjoy the QM2 again in our cruising (and now crossing) future. As always, Deb & Kerry
Dear Deb and Kerry,

It was great to meet you, both in the Commodore Club and later around the ship :) . So happy to read you've enjoy the photos, it was, as you say, a glorious week! I took around a dozen of the moonlight on the ocean, but couldn't decide which of the final three I liked most (which is why there are near "repeats"!). Most shots were taken on an old Sony camera (which is almost a museum piece these days!), I also use a couple of others (including a 'phone with a camera :eek: ). I too am so very pleased that I got to meet you, and thank you for the warm welcome :) . I'd also be delighted if our paths cross on QM2 again, meanwhile very happy sailings for all your future cruises :) ,

Thank you again :o :)

Thank you for sharing your photos, Pepper. THEY ARE GREAT! It was a wonderful crossing, wasn't it? (sigh)….
Hello jimmybean,

THANK YOU :) So pleased you like the photos :o . Yes, a wonderful crossing, hard to "top" really. But each day went far too quickly :eek: .

Thank you again :) ,

Edited by pepperrn

Thank you so much....I've been anxiously awaiting your wonderful pictures. I only took a few people pictures because I figured "why bother, yours are so much better anyway". And I was right....wonderful pictures as always but I enjoyed these even more knowing I was there......somewhere. I love that you got a few kennel pictures as I finally made my way up there but minus the camera. Thank you I think it's about time to look at all of your pictures again, I have a few days to spare. :D
Dear brigittetom,

A huge thank you for the compliments :o , thank you, thank you! So delighted to read that you enjoyed them so much. It was a great honour to meet you both, in the Commodore Club and later in the Chart Room. Whenever I visited the kennels (or the "Deck 12 Terrace Suite" :D ) most of the occupants seemed indifferent to my camera and refused to keep still and pose :rolleyes: ! Once again, it was a real pleasure to have several chats with you both.

All the very best to both of you, I do hope our paths cross again soon :) .

Pepper, what a wonderful group of photos from your recent 10th Anniversary Voyage. Thanks so much for sharing!!! I, too, appreciate your labels on each photo. I know that takes a lot of time. Very best wishes!
Dear imacruizer,

Thank you :) . Yes, the labels do take time, so sorry I'm slow at it, many more to go! I looked at both QV and QE in Southampton and remembered that you two were on board both ships so very recently, back and forth across the Pacific :) . I also remembered our day in Winchester :) .

Thank you so very much,

Edited by pepperrn

Great Pictures! They are like a cruise review without words. The send off with the military band and fireworks looks amazing.
Hi DWhit,

Thank you for the compliments :o , The band playing on the quay made it feel like a traditional send-off, and the fireworks were far better than the photos can show. Sailing slowly past QV and QE in the dark with horn salutes between the three ships, and many passengers cheering QM2, was magical.

Many happy sailings for the future :)

Thanks Debjo....I'll try that.
Thanks Debjo... brigittetom, if you "click" on the photos there is some additional information on some of the photos (or will be... if I get a move-on! :( ). Thank you both :)