Natural Pool Jeep tour

jsickels

I have booked the Natural Pool Jeep tour for our stop in Aruba. One of the reviews I read was that bathrooms are not readily available. My 70 year old parents really want to go but the lack of bathrooms is concerning for them. Can anyone give me more information on the bathroom situation? Also, if anyone has any feedback on the tour would love to hear it.

I have booked the Natural Pool Jeep tour for our stop in Aruba. One of the reviews I read was that bathrooms are not readily available. My 70 year old parents really want to go but the lack of bathrooms is concerning for them. Can anyone give me more information on the bathroom situation? Also, if anyone has any feedback on the tour would love to hear it.

I don't know if there are any bathroom stops. I vacation in Aruba every year and haven't been to the Natural Pool on a tour, but I can tell you what I know. The ride to the pool is extremely bumpy and usually hot and dusty. It can be often somewhat scary. When you get there, you have to be able to walk down rugged rocks to get to the pool, and be able to climb back up. The current can be very strong. Personally, I wouldn't take my 70 yr old parents on this tour. It is not recommended for anyone with back or knee problems. There is a youtube video that Arubalisa has posted before, showing how difficult the ride is to the pool is. Hopefully, she will see this and post it. If not, I'll try to find it. There are much better tours for your parents out there. I would suggest an island tour with Bully or Sonny Binns, and having them drop you all off at a beach afterwards. I think that they would enjoy that much more.

Edited by Hatteras51

The first time I went to Aruba, we took a tour to the Natural Pool. There were no bathroom stops on the way there.

The ride and climb down to the pool are as described by Hatteras51, and on our tour, the guide was driving one jeep, and two tourists were driving the other two! There was shade only on one jeep. It was hot, dusty, bumpy and long.

If you must get into the water it's crowded and very slippery. Personally, I don't understand the appeal of this attraction. I also agree with her alternate suggestions for your parents.

As Haterras promised :) the link to the

Watching the video, at the 1:21 mark you will see the right rear tire lift entirely off the ground. :eek:

I will also agree with 6rugrats, that the Natural Pool though unique, it is not a required stop in order to visit the island.

If my 70 something Dad had never been to Aruba, as Hatteras suggested, I would opt for an island tour with Bully and the rest of the day at the beach. :) IMO, the perfect day stay in Aruba. :)

Another video to give you an idea of how far the actual walk down the stairs to the pool is as well as the bumpiness of the ride.

Edited by Arubalisa

Watching the video, at the 1:21 mark you will see the right rear tire lift entirely off the ground. :eek:

I will also agree with 6rugrats, that the Natural Pool though unique, it is not a required stop in order to visit the island.

If my 70 something Dad had never been to Aruba, as Hatteras suggested, I would opt for an island tour with Bully and the rest of the day at the beach. :) IMO, the perfect day stay in Aruba. :)

Another video to give you an idea of how far the actual walk down the stairs to the pool is as well as the bumpiness of the ride.

Thanks, Lisa. I knew you'd come through! I don't know what we would do without you!!

What about the tour to the caves? I was reading info on them and saw drawing and pictures on the walls that are originals in the caves, from the Indians. What are your thoughts on them?

I really like the caves. They are definitely worth seeing. If you are on a tour, I would imagine that they would also drive near the coastline so that you could see the rugged coast, or maybe stop at the gold mine ruins, which are not too far from there. Either way, it is an interesting area.

Guadirikiri Cave I thought was nicer overall than Fontein- larger, more chambers, great stalactites, holes in the ceiling-- however, Fontein does have the native Arawak Indian paintings.

If Indian paintings are your "thing" then also check out the Ayo Rock Formations.