oasis of the seas

Hello cc friends. I am in the middle of planning a cruise for June 2015.I really want to try the oasis of the seas! Can I please get some thoughts and opinions on this ship? Also what 7 day itinerary would you recommend? I will be going on my second ncl cruise in June and love the freestyle concept but willing to stray for the oasis lol!:cool:

Here is an Itinerary

Not for your dates but will give you an idea, this is our 2016 ports of call on Oasis

3/12 Fort Lauderdale

3/13 At Sea

3/14 Labadee

3/15 Falmouth

3/16 At Sea

3/17 Cozumel

3/18 At Sea

3/19 Fort Lauderdale

Happy Days

Enjoy your cruise

We wanted to see what a mega ship was like so we booked Oasis basically as a "floating resort". It was but in a good way. Lots to do on that ship and the specialty restaurants were wonderful. :)

LuLu

Hello cc friends. I am in the middle of planning a cruise for June 2015.I really want to try the oasis of the seas! Can I please get some thoughts and opinions on this ship? Also what 7 day itinerary would you recommend? I will be going on my second ncl cruise in June and love the freestyle concept but willing to stray for the oasis lol!:cool:

Since you live in Connecticut and like NCL's freestyle dining, maybe you should look at the Quantum of the Seas, sailing out of Bayonne (Cape Liberty), New Jersey, until the end of April 2015.

:)

The Oasis and the Allure are destinations on their own. We like the Eastern itinerary. You can choose anytime dining where you just dine when you want, like on NCL. :)

My DW and I were on the Allure in November and absolutely loved the ship. We had a Boardwalk Balcony cabin (last one on port side) and it was fantastic. I just booked the Oasis for October 2015. With the 50% off second passenger I am just debating upgrading to a junior suite.

Book whichever ship (Allure or Oasis) that works best with your schedule! You will not be disappointed. The ship is the destination. Ports are second to the on board experience. I hope you have the best cruise ever!!!!

We just went on the Oasis and that itinerary. We loved the ship. The ship is the trip, at least for us. We do like Cozumel and Labadee was nice. Let me know if you have any specific questions!, have a great trip.

I have booked the June 13, 2015 eastern cruise on the Oasis. You won't be disappointed with this ship.

Our itinerary is:

Ft. Lauderdale - 5PM

Nassau 7AM-2PM

cruising

St. Thomas - 10 AM- 7PM

St. Maarten - 8AM-5PM

cruising

cruising

those 3 cruising days are just awesome

you can select my time dining if you prefer to a set time.

We did the Allure in November last, and will be on the Oasis November this year. The Allure was fabulous, and I anticipate the Oasis will be the same. I do highly recommend these ships. That being said, if what you really liked about your Norwegian cruise was the "Freestyle" aspect, I feel a small warning here is in order. Yes, on these ships, you can do the My Time Dinning, which is much like NCL's Freestyle, but I really think you will find yourself do an awful lot of pre-planning, ie: pre-scheduling of both meals and especially of your entertainment.

That was a new experience for us, as we worked out way through our Allure countdown. I was totally prepared to have to research and pre-book our excursions, (like on all ships these days.). But pre-booking shows was an entirely new ballgame. You'll want to be ready to get online, and book your shows as soon as they become available, if you want to get a reservation when you want it. On these ships, you really shouldn't wait till you're onboard, and just go with the flow. That could leave you missing out on some great shows.

On most ships, you never have to worry about reservations. Merely head to the theater after dinner, and go on in. Do that on these ships, and you may not get in the door, or at the very least you will only be allowed in last minute, if there's room, leaving you sitting in the far back, and separately from your companions. So if you've booked a late evening show, you've pretty much relegated yourself to an earlier dinner, whether you're in early seating or not. Or perhaps you want to try one of the specialty venues, you're going to want to plan, and book that to match the shows you've scheduled.

All in all, there's not much "free" about your schedule on these ships. It's not at all a problem for me, as I am a "planner", and feel most comfortable when all my ducks are in a row. I'm 'just saying'..........for your sake, so you know what you're getting into.