Family of 5 on Coral Princess?

jgs2003

Usually, Princess will not book 5 people in a quad cabin.

They will not allow 5 in a quad cabin.

The suggestion by another poster was to book a quad balcony along with a second cabin (inside or balcony). The idea was to book the two cabins (3 in one, 2 in another, with one adult in each) but end up having all 5 sleep in the quad cabin.

Thanks, all. I spent a lot of time perusing the deck plans and the boards last night, and came to the conclusion that the Coral Princess just won't work for us. I did find those adjoining cabins, but sadly they only sleep two. Perfect for a family of four, but not five. We're all tall in my family (including the kids), and the thought of squeezing five into a room meant for three isn't appealing to me, especially when this is supposed to be a special (not to mention expensive) trip.

Pacific Princess doesn't look like a good fit for us, either...we're hoping to convince at least one other family to travel with us, so I'm really looking for a ship that will be good for kids, and Pacific looks like its small size really caters to those traveling without kids. (I also ruled out HAL because it caters more to an older crowd,)

RCCL and Celebrity both have lots of adjoining cabin options, so it looks like we'll go with one of those. Radiance of the Seas does a one-way Vancouver-Alaska that might be a good option for us.

It's too bad, really, since I've heard how terrific Glacier Bay is, and I have preferred Princess over Carnival and NCL (my past cruise experiences) but at the end of the day we need to be comfortable and have rooms that meet our needs.

Thanks again for all your suggestions!

Have you tried calling Princess to see if they would let you sleep the twins in one bed? I mean kids that small can share the sofa bed in a mini suite. It doesn't hurt to ask them...

Have you considered Disney?

Not certain if they have cruises to Alaska,but since they have a family cruise reputation,

they may try to accomodate families of all sizes.

Hope you find something-Alaska is an amazing place to visit!

Have you tried calling Princess to see if they would let you sleep the twins in one bed? I mean kids that small can share the sofa bed in a mini suite. It doesn't hurt to ask them...

It does not matter, its a body in the cabin, size age etc does not matter.

I know its not logical but for safety thats the way it is.