Extra costs in the MDR

Steak and the surf n turf I think

Upcharges:

Main Lobster 24.95 Surf and Turf 34.95 Chops Steak 14.95

FYI, on our Transatlantic and Norway B2B, we learned those prices increased on the second leg of our B2B.

Just wondering why people would pay these extra charges in the MDR rather than going to a specialty restaurant which would have a much better atmosphere? :confused:

LuLu

The filet is $14.95 in the MDR, and you can split it like we did. In Chops, it's $35 a person. Also, DH is boycotting Chops right now because they removed the crab cake and the onion rings when they changed the menu.

Notice that the "Chops Steak" has increased in price and decreased in size! :eek:

The Surf 'n' Turf has decreased in price but also decreased in size.

:p

I wonder if the size of the steak is the same size that's offered in Chops. I remember the new menu now has two sizes of Filet, but no details.

There are so many great choices every night we never felt tempted to pay extra in the MDR or go to a specialty restaurant. We were thrilled with the food on our recent Freedom cruise and it's tough living back in reality. I'm really missing the yummy cheese rolls... Sigh.

Tom

I agree with you Tom. We never felt tempted to pay extra for food on a cruise ship!

Am surprised at the 15% added gratuity for ordering Chops food in MDR. If you order Chops food in Chops, the cover charge already includes a gratuity, ostensibly for service. Where does this 15% added gratuity go to, to whom and for what?