A couple of questions for past Divina cruisers

Giantfan13

My DW is a stout tea drinker, which brand of tea bags are served or used on the ship. On past cruises it is usually an assortment of Lipton or Bigelow, which is used on the Divina?

On sea days, is there a 'high tea'?. My DW loves this, so what's the story on this on the Divina?

Thanks

Cheers

Len

My DW is a stout tea drinker, which brand of tea bags are served or used on the ship. On past cruises it is usually an assortment of Lipton or Bigelow, which is used on the Divina?

On sea days, is there a 'high tea'?. My DW loves this, so what's the story on this on the Divina?

Thanks

Cheers

Len

Can't remember what specicific brands but there was English morning tea, Earl Grey, and about 8 other varieties!:D

My wife drinks tea, and she thought it was tea drinkers heaven!:D

There is a special tea time at about 4pm in the yacht club, others can just go get a cup of tea/coffee and whatever since the buffet is open most of the afternoon!

Edited by American Bear

Another question....

What drinks are available in the buffet?

Tea, coffee, iced water, orange juice,cranberry,pineapple juice (self service machines) All free.

One lunch time they came round with a trolley with a jug of sangria which was by the glass ( i didn't have any so I can only assume you had to pay for)

You could order speciality coffee, or alcohol with the waiters ( purchased with your cruise card)

This thread has some photos that may assist you in post #172. However, please note that the OP of this thread and supposed photographer of the photo's is being questioned about whether or not he really sailed on the Divina. He's a very weird guy.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2045540&page=9

He states that High Tea is only served in the Yacht Club. I believe that I have read this elsewhere.

So this is where cruisetail poached the question about tea so that it looked like someone was actually interested in his thread.

I am a big tea drinker too and think the choices I have seen in whoever took the photos in the above mentioned thread look like the choice is extensive.

Thanks for the links. I would assume that the pix of the tea, should be right.

And to the poster that thinks NO ONE cares about High Tea, some people do. It is a pity you group everyone into one class that you seem not to like. Because you may not like it, so no one else cares about it. Pretty poor thinking if you ask me.

Cheers

Len

Edited by Giantfan13

So...back on topic....

What is the tipping policy, if there is one? A specific amount automatically charged to your account?

On Divina it was $12 per day per adult, children are priced differently as I recall.

The FAQs state: "During your cruise, you will meet staff throughout the ship who provide you with excellent service. They are supported by just as many staff and crew who work hard behind the scenes to ensure you enjoy every moment on board.

For your convenience MSC Cruises will automatically add a daily Hotel Service Charge to your shipboard account, based on your chosen itinerary and the number of days for which the services are actually provided. The Hotel Service charge serves to ensure we maintain the highest quality standards of service to our guests. The daily amounts below have been calculated with this in mind and cannot be modified. However, should you wish to remove any of the daily Hotel Service Charge in the unlikely event that you do not receive satisfactory service, you may do so by contacting the Guest Relations Manager on board.

...MSC Cruises does not recommend tipping individual members of staff."