Carnival Glory B2B: 97 Photos, 19 Videos, 1 Long Review

Loved your review. I paid close attention to the Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk portions. We will headed there in 2 weeks on the Carnival Pride. I can't wait to enjoy the beach in Half Moon Cay and the pool at Margaritaville.

I had to go back and look at that pic of the Harbor Pilot boat in Cozumel. That was a crazy pic. I loved it

• 2 months later...

Just off the "Glory" this morning. I also will not be sailing any Carnival cruise that Eversen is the cruise director, He is very much into himself, big ego! Constantly rambling on! As for live entertainment, I was greatly disappointed.

Acoustic tunes by Angie, she belted out her songs, instead of just singing them. I felt the same way with Nicholas, two that should find another career.

I was on the Liberty last month for the third time, and thought the entertainment was much more superior then on the Glory! But that's just my opinion!

Jim Zim

I loved your review, especially your photos. We are also staying at the Bentley the night before. We plan to get there around 11 am and just veg on the beach. Then head down to the jetty and take photos of the ships as they leave that Friday night. Please recommend any good photo perches that you used? On you two nights in South Beach what was you favorite restaurants for dinner?

Note: we are staying in the cabin next to yours. It is a "L" Shaped Cabin with a bowling alley balcony. We had booked the same type of cabin on our Sunshine Cruise and loved the extra balcony space without paying a premium.

Thanks for your review, photos and videos.

Ready for our Return to the Carnival Glory and some . . .

CruiseHealing

I just now found your review and I loved it. My DH and I did 2 cruises this year on the Glory and go on our 3rd ( Still Glory ) in about a month. This will be our first time to the East side. Did you have any more info on the Quest Show in the Ebony Cabaret? I don't remember seeing anything about this b/f. Very excited about the new ports. Thank you again

• 2 weeks later...

Really wonderful and informative review! We'll be on the Glory in March on a (too) short 4-nighter traveling to Key West and Cozumel.

I'm intrigued by the idea of La Casa en La Playa. There seem to be two choices, meaning two different Casas, available. Which one were you on? We're there any children on your excursion? We have two that like to just swim, snorkel and snack and my husband and I love the sound of a private beach! Thank you!

Absolutely loved your review. We are sailing the Sunshine in November (enjoyed that review as well), doing the same itinerary as your second week, so it was nice to find out some new things about those ports. Never gave the Glory a thought but am now convinced that it must be my next cruise thanks to your wonderful review. Awesome pictures by the way!

Carnival Fascination Honeymoon November 2012

Carnival Sunshine to come November 30, 2014

I'm intrigued by the idea of La Casa en La Playa. There seem to be two choices, meaning two different Casas, available. Which one were you on? We're there any children on your excursion? We have two that like to just swim, snorkel and snack and my husband and I love the sound of a private beach! Thank you!

Sorry to be slow to respond to your question. I didn't realize that this thread from earlier this year had popped back up on the 1st page.

Yes, there are now two "La Casa En La Playa" shore excursions. The one that we've been to (twice) is known as "La Casa En La Playa - A Select Retreat". The other one is known as "La Casa En La Playa - Rocky Shores".

I haven't done the Rocky Shores version, so I can't offer any guidance on that one. But I did really enjoy the "select retreat" version both times... even though the weather did not cooperate on our second visit.

Yes, it would definitely be appropriate for a family with children.

We are also staying at the Bentley the night before. We plan to get there around 11 am and just veg on the beach. Then head down to the jetty and take photos of the ships as they leave that Friday night. Please recommend any good photo perches that you used...

Walk south down Ocean Drive and just keep going until you reach South Pointe Park. From all along South Pointe Park you'll have nice views of the waterway used by the cruise ships. I set up my camera near that fancy restaurant, Smith & Wollensky, that is right there next to the water.

The only problem with that location, as far as photography goes, is that you are shooting in to the sun... so it's a tricky lighting situation. If you're a good photographer, and you know how to do some tweaking after the shot has been taken, you can compensate to some degree. But if you're after the PERFECT photo... what you would have to do is take the ferry over to Fisher island, where you would have the sun at your back. Your photos would come out much better that way.

On you two nights in South Beach what was you favorite restaurants for dinner?

We made some bad restaurant choices during that particular stay in Miami... so I can't name any particular restaurants that you should look for. There are a LOT of restaurants along Ocean Drive... so you will have many to choose from. I'm going to have to try to get back there some time to try some others besides the ones we tried the first time! There was nothing memorable about the ones we chose!

Sorry to be slow to respond to your question. I didn't realize that this thread from earlier this year had popped back up on the 1st page.

Yes, there are now two "La Casa En La Playa" shore excursions. The one that we've been to (twice) is known as "La Casa En La Playa - A Select Retreat". The other one is known as "La Casa En La Playa - Rocky Shores".

I haven't done the Rocky Shores version, so I can't offer any guidance on that one. But I did really enjoy the "select retreat" version both times... even though the weather did not cooperate on our second visit.

Yes, it would definitely be appropriate for a family with children.

That's totally fine...it's not like I was stalking the page all day. Oh, wait, I was. But that's because I'm a crazy cruise planner, not because you're slow to respond!! :)

Seriously, thank you! There are eight tickets left for the Select, which is the one I'm leaning towards. And we need four of them. The math is a little painful on the cost, but I figure we're on a short cruise and not doing a pay excursion in Key West so I'm trying to justify it. It sounds SO great! Thanks again!

We were on one week of that with you- week 1 for you it looks like. Awesome cruise! We loved the good morning song lol my husband wants it as his alarm, and Dr. E is one of the reasons we are booking Glory again.... hoping he's still there next April. It was a fantastic cruise though! I was checking the background of all your pictures seeing if we snuck in anyway lol

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I just found your review the day AFTER I got off the Glory! I did a search for Eversen Bevelle because I wondered if we were the only people who did not like him, and found your review. I wish I would have found it first so I would have known about the pool in the gym and how to get out to the secret decks in front. We were on the Liberty last month and the access was on the 9th floor so we did not find it on deck 7.

When you were on there did they have the playlist productions doing the shows? They were not appealing to us so we did not even try the last two. The Liberty had the old style entertainment and we liked that much better. We did 2 B2B a month apart so we have been to all 4 of their itineraries! Obviously we did not do the shows again but we really enjoyed Jeremy in the piano bar.

I am not sure if you have booked the Getaway or not but we spoke to someone in St Thomas that was on the Getaway. She did not like the ship, she said she would not do it again. She said that the enlarged it by adding a lot of cabins but the public room spaces were too small in her opinion. She mentioned the dining rooms were small, but there were more of them, the atrium was small and pool decks smaller.

I really enjoyed your report and I will look for your others also because they are so detailed and well written. Happy sailing in the future!

My husband and I are about to embark on a cruise aboard the Glory in about 36 days. This was, by far, the best most informative thread I have ever found..Thank you Jim Zim! You are amazing..I wish you were going to be on this cruise so I could tell you in person :) You seem like an incredible guys and your wife is just lovely too.

Again. THANK YOU! This makes me look forward to our trip even more!

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome review! Well written, informative and loaded with great photos, well done sir. I do have one question, the pool and whirlpool on the fitness area, we are on Conquest in a few weeks - anyway, do you know if they have that as well? Could be the best tip ever.

Sorry about your glasses too - did give you an excuse to add mystery to you appearance. Thank you.

Thanks so much for a fantastic review. I am headed out on the Glory in 69 days, my 15th Carnival Cruised and your pictures and review are greatly appreciated as it will be my first time on her.

Please post again. :)