southampton saint roadworks

Hi,

Any update on the roadworks at dock gate 4. Is dock gate 5 yet open for exit? We are departing Ocean on Saturday when 5 ships are departing!!

Many thanks.

Just been chatting to someone about that, I think the situation is fluid but the expression "B... Awful" sums it up.

I have read that some people had few problems, I think it is pot luck. Which terminal are you using?

Gan canny

Dai

Just been chatting to someone about that, I think the situation is fluid but the expression "B... Awful" sums it up.

I have read that some people had few problems, I think it is pot luck. Which terminal are you using?

Gan canny

Dai

Ocean terminal, dock gate 4, right near the roadworks!!!

Ocean terminal, dock gate 4, right near the roadworks!!!

Ahhh. Getting to Mayflower is much easier. ;)

I would give yourself an extra hour leeway.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

On Azura last month, we were delayed by 20mins getting into gate 4. However, while we were away the new gate 5 was opened which is three lanes exit only so we were straight out. Gate 4 should now be one way in so should be much better.

This link gives up to date info.

http://www.southampton.gov.uk/news-events/latest-news/platform.aspx

Brian

Arrived back today from a wonderful Baltic cruise on Arcadia but OMG the chaos @ the QE terminal was horrendous. It was so bad my husband and I went back into the terminal and had a Coffee hoping it would improve.....it didn't . We first got off the ship @ 9.30 but finally decided to have a go at getting out @ approx 10 45.......finally left dock gates @ 11.50!!!!! It was complicated by people also trying to embark. The disruption is supposed to be on till next April. I wonder if we would have been better trying to get off @ 7.15. Has anyone found this better??

Arrived back today from a wonderful Baltic cruise on Arcadia but OMG the chaos @ the QE terminal was horrendous. It was so bad my husband and I went back into the terminal and had a Coffee hoping it would improve.....it didn't . We first got off the ship @ 9.30 but finally decided to have a go at getting out @ approx 10 45.......finally left dock gates @ 11.50!!!!! It was complicated by people also trying to embark. The disruption is supposed to be on till next April. I wonder if we would have been better trying to get off @ 7.15. Has anyone found this better??

We disembarked in March from Ocean Terminal and we were off the ship out of gate 4 and in West Quay shopping centre by 10am but others on same cruise had an horrendous time getting away from gate 4. Not surprised that there was utter chaos because people start to arrive at 11am to embark the ship. Welcome home to Sunny Stafford you havent missed much and the Baltics is our favourite cruise. Just as an afterthought perhaps I should change my username to Stone grey lol.