Cozumel beach

trinitybcpastor

We are taking two of our sons (5 and 3) on their first cruise and first time to the beach. We are not looking to purchase any all-inclusive packages since this was a budget trip anyway. I have narrowed the choice in Cozumel down to Mr Sanchos or Ocean Beach. Both are free entrance then pay as you go. We might get a simple lunch and we don't drink. Which would be a better choice for our family? Looks like there will be six ships in port that day, if that matters. Thanks for your input!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I also think you need to look into Playa Mia. You can either pay just an entrance fee, pay for the entrance fee plus lunch, or do all inclusive, so you can completely tailor it to your wants. They have a waterpark there that would be perfect for kids your age, my 5 and 6 year old girls absolutely loved it! Splash areas, small waterslides, large waterslides, two pools, and just a whole lot of fun. It was their first trip to the beach too and they had a blast.

Edited by minerva78

Paradise Beach is great for families who don't want to pay a (large) entrance fee for all-inclusive. $3/pp to get in, plus $10 or $12 for access to the big floating toys in the ocean, plus they ask that a group order at least one entrée per adult.

However, with six ships in port that day, Paradise Beach may not be the best option to avoid the crowds. As far as I know, the all-inclusives are the only way to do that.

Edited by The Mister

Paradise Beach is great for families who don't want to pay a (large) entrance fee for all-inclusive. $3/pp to get in, plus $10 or $12 for access to the big floating toys in the ocean, plus they ask that a group order at least one entrée per adult.

However, with six ships in port that day, Paradise Beach may not be the best option to avoid the crowds. As far as I know, the all-inclusives are the only way to do that.

We were in Coz in April with 6 ships and although I was worried about going to Paradise Beach it wasn't crowded at all. Maybe slightly more crowded than normal but no problem finding chairs at the beach or pool. The pool wasn't crowded either. The service was a little slow but hey that just saved me money! ;)

We took our 10 month old and she had a blast in their pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paradise Beach is great-I think you have to buy $10 of food/drink while you are there, but I could be wrong. My son enjoyed it at age 2. I think Playa Mia is your best bet with young kids-the waterpark there is fantastic!