Looking for the best aft cabin on Eclipse

itsanita

We will be on Eclipse to Baltic and have booked an aft cabin. We always have aft cabins on the M class ships and they are great. I understand they are not as wonderful on the S class but we will stick with it anyway. In your opinion, what is the best one on this ship? In that area, a cover would be important due to rain.

Hi,

On the Eclipse, the only aft/stern cabins that are fully covered are those on Deck 12...due to the slant/step-down layout of the ship stern. Of those (non suite) the one with the widest balcony is 2152. Understand of course that those cabins are also under the Oceanview Bar outside area, so some folks complain of noise from above (moving chairs etc).

We have stayed in 2152 and 2157...some of us were slightly affected by the noise above...some were not...but all of us loved the covered overhang.

Woody

The _best_ are the S1s with the wrap around balconies, followed closely by the few S2s and then the wider balconies as per the following photo which shows cabins numbers and types. I would avoid deck 10 S1s because of window washing equipment. Deck 8 has a little obstruction as well, but not as bad, 9 is minor on the sides. 11 is best, but less if you like sun, 12 is most covered but has public space above. I can't speak as much for the other cabins.

SolsticeAftCabins-vi.jpg

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Edited by need2bespoiled

There was hardly any cover in cabin 9303 deck 9. The balcony was very wet from the rain

Have a look at the sticky thread about s class cabin information, you will find some pictures in there on page 111 from our cruise on Eclipse

Edited by rubydoobydoo

Hi,

On the Eclipse, the only aft/stern cabins that are fully covered are those on Deck 12...due to the slant/step-down layout of the ship stern. Of those (non suite) the one with the widest balcony is 2152. Understand of course that those cabins are also under the Oceanview Bar outside area, so some folks complain of noise from above (moving chairs etc).

We have stayed in 2152 and 2157...some of us were slightly affected by the noise above...some were not...but all of us loved the covered overhang.

Woody

Thanks so much. We have booked 2152, as I think we will need the cover. Can people see you from the deck above? Any issues with soot? Not really worried about the noise..maybe we will be able to hear the sail-away music! And it's on the same deck as the hot tubs/pools, correct?

Hi, we have stayed in several of the aft cabins on deck 12. No one can see you from the deck above and there is no soot problem on that deck. And yes, it is on the same deck as the pool area.

Thanks so much. We have booked 2152, as I think we will need the cover. Can people see you from the deck above? Any issues with soot? Not really worried about the noise..maybe we will be able to hear the sail-away music! And it's on the same deck as the hot tubs/pools, correct?

We will be on Eclipse to Baltic and have booked an aft cabin. We always have aft cabins on the M class ships and they are great. I understand they are not as wonderful on the S class but we will stick with it anyway. In your opinion, what is the best one on this ship? In that area, a cover would be important due to rain.

2152, 1647, 1206, 9382, 8344, 7364 and 6312 are center aft and have a 50% wider balcony. Look at the aft photo with the cabin numbers. We stayed in 9382. Bob

What's that spell? What's that spell?

S1 S1 S1

We think that the corner S1's are the best aft cabins on the 'S' class ships period. We have experienced every type of aft facing cabins on the 'M' class ships (except the penthouse suites) and you're right. Nothing can compare size wise to those cabins on the 'M'' class ships.

The S1's offer the most bang for the buck IMHO on the 'S' class. They have wrap around balconies. They have a huge circular window in the cabin side wall. I'd call it a port hole but it's actually big enough to sit in. They have a much bigger and nicer bathroom plus the cabin itself is much larger and the layout is better. They also have a lot more storage and closet space than do the other aft facing cabins. There is one more OOO LA LA factor that only these cabins have. They have a floor to ceiling pipe or pipes suitable for pole dancing in them for those with adult athletic inclinations. I myself being a clean living Christian young man have only heard tell about such activities mind you.;)

So no matter which aft cabin you end up in, enjoy that nest cruise to the maximum.

:):):)

S1 S1 S1

We think that the corner S1's are the best aft cabins on the 'S' class ships period. We have experienced every type of aft facing cabins on the 'M' class ships (except the penthouse suites) and you're right. Nothing can compare size wise to those cabins on the 'M'' class ships.

The S1's offer the most bang for the buck IMHO on the 'S' class. They have wrap around balconies. They have a huge circular window in the cabin side wall. I'd call it a port hole but it's actually big enough to sit in. They have a much bigger and nicer bathroom plus the cabin itself is much larger and the layout is better. They also have a lot more storage and closet space than do the other aft facing cabins. There is one more OOO LA LA factor that only these cabins have. They have a floor to ceiling pipe or pipes suitable for pole dancing in them for those with adult athletic inclinations. I myself being a clean living Christian young man have only heard tell about such activities mind you.;)

So no matter which aft cabin you end up in, enjoy that nest cruise to the maximum.

That's what I said, just not so well.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

We like 1663 and 1666. Stayed in both of those on Eclipse and Equinox, several times. They are S1s. We actually love that it's a long walk to stairs and elevators.

Not one single thing we don't like about those rooms.

We've never stayed one deck above because we like to be surrounded top and bottom with cabins for noise purposes. Never had soot. But you will love the cabin no matter what. We don't sit out on the balcony for extended periods of time so if it was raining we'd just find somewhere else to relax.

OK, only one negative with the corner S1 cabins ( and we just stayed in one 2 weeks ago) is that it only has one closet. The S2 have 2 closets. For you individuals who bring way too many clothes for your trip (we are guilty of this) you may find the one closet gets a little cramped. Other than that, it's a great cabin, just watch out for the pole(s).:)

Edited by wv4891

S1 S1 S1

Yes, the size of the Sky 1 is larger, however the bathroom is the same size as the Sky 2 suites. :)

Yes, the size of the Sky 1 is larger, however the bathroom is the same size as the Sky 2 suites. :)

But the view from the bathroom, not so good ;) and the weather is always humid.

Happy sailing,

Jenna