Those with young children, have you ever brought a potty seat onboard?

I'm thinking of bringing a potty seat for my boys as I know they won't go without it, I actually bought one today but wasn't sure if the cruise toilets were the "standard" ones and if this would even fit on there properly? Has anyone used one of these for their toddlers on the ship?

We brought one as we were driving to the ship and she ended up using it only a couple of times. Being on the cruise sort of totally messed up her potty training at the time. Have you looked into those ones that fold up pretty compactly?

As far as standard size it certainly fit on the toilets on the Rhapsody.

We did a Disney cruise 2 years ago and I bought one of those fold up travel ones, but my son would not use it since it did not have a splash guard on it. He was pretty clogged and went 1 time the whole 12 days we were gone. :( Now my other two also will not go on a seat without the splash guard and I'm afraid I'm going to have two more clogged boys.

Hopefully the loud sucking noise from the toilet won't makes things worse.

My boys hated the fold-up potty seats, so I just bought a new padded seat at Wal-Mart for about $8 and packed it in their carseat bag. It fit onto the toilets just fine. At the end of the cruise, we just left it in the bathroom (didn't want to pack a dirty toilet seat)!

imo it would be a waste because you spend so little time in the cabin. it's not like you will carry it around the ship with you. And when a little one has to go it is not so easy to get back to the room in time.

i'm suprised that this thread has not "turned" like the one regarding childrens menu and picky eaters.

Beth, I wonder if your cabin steward thought that it was part of his "tip"!! ;)

Great!! Carol, please, I mean PLEASE put a "warning* on your posts...sheesh, now I have to clean the laptop again ;)

Can you hear the stewarts (sic) now? "Made a KILLING today, got a potty seat, an inflatable pool, a blender and believe it or not a CROCK POT" WOW, gotta love our *gifts* :eek:"

###

I brought one, and then left it on the ship. :( The things you don't think of when packing and disembarking.

I figured it was an opportunity to move to the big seat, when MIL showed up with a new one...

ARGH.....

But I do have one last picture of it when DD discovered it could be used as a potty hat; glow in the dark and all.

Great!! Carol, please, I mean PLEASE put a "warning* on your posts...sheesh, now I have to clean the laptop again ;)

Can you hear the stewarts (sic) now? "Made a KILLING today, got a potty seat, an inflatable pool, a blender and believe it or not a CROCK POT" WOW, gotta love our *gifts* :eek:"

###

Don't forget to include those valuable Dollar Store over-the-door shoe hangers that everyone leaves for them! Talk about great gifts, whew!!! :rolleyes: I bet the stewards collect dozens of them every year.

But seriously...to the potty training Mom's out there...do the best you can to accomodate on the ship and then don't worry. Even if your trip sets them back, they all get potty trained eventually. As my wise mother once told me..."They're all potty trained by the time they leave for college!!" ;) Enjoy your cruises.

Cheryl

(A mother of 6 big kids who used to worry about the same things!!)

Archived