how to get from denali princess lodge to denali

jbinbi

I was booked to take the Princess Tundra explorer excursion for denali, but heard from all to do this myself with just getting on a shuttle bus at the park itself and stopping where i want to. And it saves $.

However, the excursion took me from the princess lodge to the park on their bus.

If I do the shuttle bus, how do I actually get from the lodge to park where the busses are? I do not have a car.

Sorry for this simple question, but I need to figure this out before I go ahead with a change in plans. Thanks.

If you look on the Princess Lodge web site, I believe they offer a transfer to the park for $10 , but check the times, maybe 7am - 7pm.

Otherwise, the Denali Salmon Bake has provided a shuttle for the past few yrs. Check their web site for times and stops.

Or walk, if you're able ... maybe 35-45 minutes on a flat well worn trail that runs along the hwy. After you cross the big bridge, take the Jonesville Trail as a shortcut to the park road and Wilderness Access Center (WAC) where you board the bus.

A map showing the Jonesville train as well as the Hwy and WAC is on pg 9 of the Park Newsletter: http://www.nps.gov/dena/parknews/upload/Alpenglow2014_int.pdf

On the return trip, you can always ask fellow passengers for a ride back to the hotel. Many people will have cars and are willing to take 1-2 pax.

Don't forget to pick up a boxed luinch and drink before you go.