Which ship in Caribbean to choose???

Jdleong

We've been on the Liberty twice. It's currently our favorite ship. Up next is the Breeze, then the Glory after that (which is a sister ship to the Liberty). We haven't been on the Pride yet. So, I guess my answer would be the Liberty.;)

If the ports are all similar and you're looking at three pretty nice ships, IMHO, then I would consider airfare. I find airfare to be considerably cheaper to Port Canaveral. Miami has lots of fare sales too. But I've never sailed out of Tampa because the airfare is usually a lot higher. And if you're diving, then the same logic would be applied to driving distance and cost. Hope this helps. :)

I agree, costs and itineraries are more important than the ship. I much prefer a smaller ship but have been on the Dream and it is a beautiful ship. However, I have no plans to get on one as large as the Oasis/Allure. I think the smaller ships have better and more personal service.

Steve

Its a lot cheaper and easier to fly to MIA or FLL out of Detroit for a cruise. We'll be on the Glory in October....we liked the price, ship, itinerary, and airfare. Met all of our requirements :)

GL

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

Hi

When start out on our cruise plan. we usually pick the time frame first, and cruise itinerary next. Then we look to the ship and port. We tend to like the Carnival Freedom size ship more or perhaps the Carnival Legend size. Not really big on the larger ships. The cost is considered also.. We love the Caribbean especially in Feb.(escape winter) that's usually our format . That's about it.

That being said we are about to try our first cruise in Nov out of San Juan. Just everything work for us this time . Happy cruising. :)

170 days to cruisetime

kruise runner:cool:

Enjoy your cruise out of SJ. Have done that one to the Southern Caribbean... a very nice journey. When we got back and had some time for our hands before our flight, we took the Rainforest excursion... was VERY nice. Had to explain to our guide what an "ice storm" was since our area was having one.

Steve

I can't decide which ship as they all have similar ports.

The Glory out of Miami?

The Liberty out of Port Canaveral?

or

The Pride out of Tampa?

Let me know your opinions.

That's an easy one. Pride!

I LOVE the Spirit class ships. Great layout. The entire aft pool area is Serenity. The design allows for people to walk forward to aft on all decks. Smaller than Liberty (my least favorite of all Carnival ships we've sailed) and Glory (which we have also sailed twice) and feels less crowded.

That's my opinion.

I cruise more for the itinerary than the ship.

This is generally true for us, but now after having several itineraries completed in a short time, we are sailing for the ship- the Sunshine. We were looking at the Breeze and will miss the T pool on the Sunshine, but the timing worked out for our college student. There have been several threads on this recently; most people think newer cruisers should stick with newer ships that have more space and updated design. I'm sure if you don't go into it with any expectations you will have a great time. Most people that complain seem to have a vision of the "best" experience that either can't be replicated or obtained. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app