Check your prices! I saved $300!

cruisinqt

I posted last week that I saved $600. Well today I saved an additional $300 on the newest sale. It's called the "Sea, Sun & Fun" sale. This is awesome! I hope all of you are able to save lots of $$$ too. :D

I posted last week that I saved $600. Well today I saved an additional $300 on the newest sale. It's called the "Sea, Sun & Fun" sale. This is awesome! I hope all of you are able to save lots of $$$ too. :D

This must be for a group of cabins?

How are you checking? Do you do a fake booking? Do you have to "catch" the sale? I booked an early saver, but my PVP said I need to notify her. Does that mean she's not looking out for me?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

How are you checking? Do you do a fake booking? Do you have to "catch" the sale? I booked an early saver, but my PVP said I need to notify her. Does that mean she's not looking out for me?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I use the fare viewer or just do a mock booking. You have to watch for price drops and contact your PVP. So far, I've saved $800 between two cabins!! Yay!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Doing a dummy booking seems to be more accurate than just looking at the fare viewer. I just did it both ways and the fare viewer made it look like my price went down but when I went in and did a dummy booking the price actually had gone up if you add in extra for specific balcony locations.

No it's not for a group of cabins camper49. It's just the four of us in a balcony cabin this summer. Summer cruises are expensive. That's why there's such a steep drop. :)

Terri0305 I don't know what months this special applies to but you should definitely check, the savings are awesome.

Brown815 our sailing is on August 16th I'm surprised yours didn't drop too.

NauticalMom yeah I do a fake booking and can see the final price without having to pay. No your PVP probably won't notify you. A lower price could cut into her commission so it's not something she's hoping for or looking for. But if you notify her she will get you the lower price. If you have a PVP or TA you can't call carnival directly, only they can do it for you.

Doing a dummy booking seems to be more accurate than just looking at the fare viewer. I just did it both ways and the fare viewer made it look like my price went down but when I went in and did a dummy booking the price actually had gone up if you add in extra for specific balcony locations.

The fare viewer price doesn't include taxes and port fees so it can be a bit misleading. I also prefer to check prices by doing a mock booking.

I had booked an inside cabin, when the 123 sale came around we upgraded to a balcony gty for an extra $100 each.

Yesterday when I was checking the prices I noticed a senior rate was added. I have never had to search senior rates since hubby doesnt turn 50 until next friday and i am younger than him :p but I am going this time with a friend that is over 55 :eek:

I called for the price drop a whopping $10 each BUT I was able to move from a balcony gty to a cabin of my choice........ I scored one of the "L" shape cabins yet again woohoo love those cabins.

I love booking ES!!! :D