Final Payment

Maybe!

Sometimes MDC UK email me an invoice just. Enforce the final payment is due and sometimes they don't. I once forgot about it and by the time I remembered it was over 3 weeks past the due date and I still didn't hear from them. Maybe the US office is more organised.

I didn't call. I just authorized the payment on my MSC account online and it posted in my checking account the next business day.

Unless you're using a travel agent ... then, there's no telling what rigmarole you're subjected to.

You must call them to make final payment they dont do it auto like other lines, if you dont your cruise will be cancelled.

Actually, I have found more and more cruiselines that do not reatin your CC info and you must either make a payment online or call in. No longer auto in many places.

I didn't call. I just authorized the payment on my MSC account online and it posted in my checking account the next business day.

Unless you're using a travel agent ... then, there's no telling what rigmarole you're subjected to.

I was specifically told by an MSC agent that I had to call in for my final payment since I booked online with their website. According to her, since I paid on their website with my CC for booking, i could not make final payment there with my CC. I have to assume their website can only handle 1 CC transaction per cruise. :confused: It sounded weird, but I will do as I was told and call in as I do not want to take any chance of losing my cruise.

Edited by Out to sea!

I love the word rigmarole.

Yeah they're pretty lax about final payments. I requested and was sent a link to make my final Divina payment online. They won't cancel you without at least attempting to get final payment from you though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All taking care of! I finalized my transaction with the help of my MSC agent, David Maceus, who took great care of us and has been so helpful from day 1!

Thanks to everybody who took the time to provide me with advice and recommendation!

Mel

All taking care of! I finalized my transaction with the help of my MSC agent, David Maceus, who took great care of us and has been so helpful from day 1!

Thanks to everybody who took the time to provide me with advice and recommendation!

Mel

David is our PVC as well. We have nothing but great things to say about David. Very helpful, courteous and always answers any and all of our questions.:D

David is our PVC as well. We have nothing but great things to say about David. Very helpful, courteous and always answers any and all of our questions.:D

We know MSC representatives are on this site and I hope they see these posts and take notes of it. I have read threads where people complained about MSC's customer service but I can't say it's been our experience, thanks to David. He made the whole booking/payment experience so easy. I am so looking forward to my cruise if the staff on board is as professional and nice as he is! :)

We know MSC representatives are on this site and I hope they see these posts and take notes of it. I have read threads where people complained about MSC's customer service but I can't say it's been our experience, thanks to David. He made the whole booking/payment experience so easy. I am so looking forward to my cruise if the staff on board is as professional and nice as he is! :)

David was on our May 17th sailing as part of the Ta group that was aboard. I told him before we left that I wanted to buy him a few drinks for taking such good care of us,,,being the gentleman that he is, he never took us up on the offer so I had to call and yell at him,,lol. He may be on our August 23rd sailing though, so I'm hoping we'll have another chance to show him our appreciation.

We have four cabins booked for the October 18 sailing, and cannot find the final payment date listed anywhere on the website or our invoices. My SO is going to call this week and ask, but can somebody remind us of the final payment date?

We have four cabins booked for the October 18 sailing, and cannot find the final payment date listed anywhere on the website or our invoices. My SO is going to call this week and ask, but can somebody remind us of the final payment date?

Hi neighbor!! 75 days before sailing.

I think it might differ based on what region or country you've booked in. Some cruise lines might also have a different policy for suites vs. regular cabins, or holiday cruises vs. the rest of the year.

As an anecdotal data point, I'm booked through a US travel agent, and I'm in the Yacht Club, and I just had final payment due two days ago for my Aug 23rd Divina cruise. That's 85 days out. However, I think that might have just been my TA wanting to get the payment made early so they don't hassle with any declined cards or anything at the last minute.

The MSC USA terms and conditions says 75 days: http://www.msccruisesusa.com/us_en/Terms-And-Conditions.aspx

I think it might differ based on what region or country you've booked in. Some cruise lines might also have a different policy for suites vs. regular cabins, or holiday cruises vs. the rest of the year.

As an anecdotal data point, I'm booked through a US travel agent, and I'm in the Yacht Club, and I just had final payment due two days ago for my Aug 23rd Divina cruise. That's 85 days out. However, I think that might have just been my TA wanting to get the payment made early so they don't hassle with any declined cards or anything at the last minute.

The MSC USA terms and conditions says 75 days: http://www.msccruisesusa.com/us_en/Terms-And-Conditions.aspx

Hey Adavidw, we're on this sailing as well!! Just made our final payment yesterday.:D

Thank you for all of the responses. I think I clicked on every available tab except "terms and conditions" when I was looking for the info. I was on the May 3 sailing and thought it was one of my top three cruises, but that website is another story. Everything we knew before we left, we learned from Cruise Critic. Can't wait to sail Divina again.