Grandeur 8042 noise from Centrum?

We're booked in Grandeur JS 8032 and it looks like 8042 is now open. That looks like it would put us under a better section of deck 9. But we've never sailed on this ship and don't know how much noise we'd get from the Centrum. We've been on Celebrity ships near the elevator lobbies but not directly facing them (like two doors down).

Does anyone know how 8042 is in terms of open doors into Centrum?

Thanks

j

We're booked in Grandeur JS 8032 and it looks like 8042 is now open. That looks like it would put us under a better section of deck 9. But we've never sailed on this ship and don't know how much noise we'd get from the Centrum. We've been on Celebrity ships near the elevator lobbies but not directly facing them (like two doors down).

Does anyone know how 8042 is in terms of open doors into Centrum?

Thanks

j

I haven't stayed in either of those cabins but did get off this ship a few weeks ago, and I'd guess that 8042 would get a bit more Centrum noise than 8032. 8042 is going to be right under the ping pong tables, too. Not sure how much noise from players would travel down to the cabin. 8032 would have the possibility of noise from chairs being moved around above it, though. Probably a wash in terms of noise, I'd think.

Do not book rooms that would be under the Park Café! We made this mistake last year and it was really noisy. At all hours of the day and night those carts being rolled back and forth! it was like having a bowling alley right above us. I don't remember our room number but if you check the deck plan you can tell which rooms to avoid.

Thank you for the responses - we'll stick with 8032. It would help to know which cabins are under "dead" areas on the pool deck, but I guess that will have to wait until we're on her in January. Ironically, I took a group of engineering students to tour the "insides" of the ship in April and never thought to look around the ship for these details.

j

I think you will get more Centrum noise from 8042. Also I have read on the boards that some say they can hear rolling carts a lot on deck number 8 near the Park Café.

I would keep 8032.

Do not book rooms that would be under the Park Café! We made this mistake last year and it was really noisy. At all hours of the day and night those carts being rolled back and forth! it was like having a bowling alley right above us. I don't remember our room number but if you check the deck plan you can tell which rooms to avoid.

I agree. We were in JS 8056 and the noise was pretty bad. The carts woke us up each night around 1 am as they closed the Park Cafe and again around 4-5 am as they got ready for breakfast.