Torn Between Pride and Liberty of the Seas

sammee

I've been looking at Pride from Baltimore for next May 7 Day Eastern Caribbean or RCC Liberty 9 Night Bermuda/Caribbean out of Cape Liberty.

Baltimore is a 3 hour drive, Cape Liberty is 1-1/2 hour, so parking and trans. are not in the equation.

I've heard good reviews on Pride Trip just this week. So my question is

whats the pros and cons on these 2, besides price. Pride definitely wins that battle.

Just going to be the hubby and I this time around. Our anniversary is in April, but we want to wait til May for a warmer trip all the way around. It would be nice to take the kids, but they are all grown up and will get over it, besides somebody needs to watch over my pyscho kitty.

No rock climbing for me, just shows, gambling, food, and drink. No smoking obstacles, will be weaning myself off the ecig in the next month or 2.

I love Carnival, and I've never been on RCCL, but I'd go with the 9 day over the 7 day just for the extra days. Also, I don't think Carnival is going to Bermuda these days, so if you have the option to go there, you should take it.

Yes that's true about Bermuda, Carnival isn't going until next October 2015 I think, just one date. I was on the Explorer back in 2007, 5 day to Bermuda, my first cruise. It was Free, BUT from an honest contest off the NJ lottery. I was very impressed with the looks of the ship, but the thing I most remember was the OceanView and the head of the bed at the window.

There is also a stop in Puerto Rico, but it seems really short, may not even be worth it unless you have an excursion in mind. So it boils down to Bermuda-No Bermuda on the itinerary aspect.

Pride is going to HMC, the savings can pay for a Cabana (done that on the Fascination, awesome). I really need to win a major cash lottery than I'd book them both, lol.

I have a psycho kitty too! I love the Pride but I'd go with Liberty, I hear the shows are better and it's a longer cruise.

This cat has some serious issues. When we moved last year, we brought him to my sister-in-laws to watch over. He's really nervous and will pee if he gets too scared. He flipped over there. When we left he was looking at the window for his Daddy. He's seriously attached to him. He kept trying to escape to find him, so we ended up bringing him back home and put him in an empty bedroom. So we have to have one of the kids come over and take care of him so he don't escape or board him. We think he was abused by kids at one time. My other 2 are no problem at all. It's just him.

9 days vs. 7 days, a no brainer for me. I have been on the Pride and it was our least favorite cruise. But, we do prefer RC to Carnival. Only you can decide what will be best for you.

Have a great cruise.

Just a reminder that RC has their BOGOHO sale going on but it ends today, I believe. You might have different pricing when the sale ends and could be a big difference. Good luck!

I've been looking at Pride from Baltimore for next May 7 Day Eastern Caribbean or RCC Liberty 9 Night Bermuda/Caribbean out of Cape Liberty.

Baltimore is a 3 hour drive, Cape Liberty is 1-1/2 hour, so parking and trans. are not in the equation.

whats the pros and cons on these 2, besides price. Pride definitely wins that battle.

We have sailed both ships.

One of the main differences between the two was that Liberty of the Seas was sooo much more crowded than any Carnival ship we've ever sailed. She's a beautiful ship, but we were constantly trying to escape the thongs everywhere. It was even worse in the Royal Promenade as there were giant tables of goods for sale set up right in the center, leaving very little walking space for the number of passengers on board.

I am partial to Carnival's Spirit class ships. They are very easily maneuvered and never feel crowded.

Good luck with the decision.

Liberty of the Seas...great ship....more days....closer port...Bermuda!!!

We enjoy Carnival but absolutely love RCC. I would choose the LOS for the longer itinerary.

For us, cruising is all about the ports of call, especially when a new place to explore is included! :D

Happy sailing!

All good points. Tomorrow I'm going to see what the Wow has to offer, if if it's doable with my DP saving, I'll do it. If not I'll save up a couple more weeks and see what comes when I have a full deposit.

Compare different T/A's, they seem to offer good perks on RC such as $onboard credit, pre-paid gratuities, etc. Don't see these sort of perks offered on Carnival as much. Just something to consider. I'd take Liberty over Pride.

Prides goes to Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk, and Freeport

Liberty goes to Bermuda, St. Maarten, San Juan, Labadee. That's a pretty great itinerary really.