Celebrity & Tenerife & Lisbon Cruise Terminals

BermudaMom

Was wondering if anyone knows how to find out what cruise terminal a Celebrity ship is most likely to use in a port? Specifically in Tenerife and Lisbon. As we're not planning to do any tours in those, am very interested in where we might tie up so I can see what sort of walk we're facing to get into the main city areas. I've been doing some searching online and can see the various terminals in the ports but hitting a wall to see where we might dock.

Thought I'd first ask for advice under the Celebrity forum rather than actual ports as Canaries and Portugal seem to be in unexpected sections of those forums. Thought those who had actually done a Celebrity cruise to these ports may be my best resource. Would appreciate any advice you can offer.

We had a port call in Lisbon last fall on the Infinity, docked at the new terminal, Jardim do Tabaco Quay. From my reading on here, Celebrity might also use one of the other terminals. If you call Celebrity, they should be able to tell you which terminal your ship will be docked at. You can also find that info on the Port of Lisbon web site at the following link. (Put in your dates, look for your ship, and the Quay column will have the terminal.) Last year, the Port's web site showed the Infinity would be docked at one terminal, but Celebrity told us we'd be at another terminal. The Port's web site turned out to be correct. :)

http://www.portodelisboa.pt/portal/page/portal/PORTAL_PORTO_LISBOA_ING/CRUZEIROS/PREVISAO_NAVIOS_CRUZEIRO

Also, since you'll be DIY, you may find Tom's Port Guide for Lisbon very useful:

http://www.tomsportguides.com/Lisbon-06-29-2011.pdf

Have a great trip!

Edited by Turtles06

The port is southwest of the downtown. You will see it on a google map. You can not walk into town (too far) but there is a shuttle. Can't remember if there is a charge for the shuttle. Don't bother with a city tour- it was extremely dull.

I would take the shuttle and take a taxi to the Garagem Fortress and then walk down to the shuttle. The fort is interesting and you can admire the red rooftops from there.

We will be there on the 13th of August and the Eclipse has not yet been allocated a Quay, as far as I can discover. If you do a general search it shows the ships arrival and departure times but no quay. Anyone any idea of when Quays are allocated or am I searching incorrectly on the site provided by turtles06.

Thank you

We will be there on the 13th of August and the Eclipse has not yet been allocated a Quay, as far as I can discover. If you do a general search it shows the ships arrival and departure times but no quay. Anyone any idea of when Quays are allocated or am I searching incorrectly on the site provided by turtles06.

Thank you

There's no quay showing for that date on that page, which seems odd, as it's not that far off.

The answer is: The PORT has not scheduled this yet. Here is the link:

http://www.portodelisboa.pt/portal/page/portal/PORTAL_PORTO_LISBOA_ING/CRUZEIROS/PREVISAO_NAVIOS_CRUZEIRO

The Eclipse is a large ship and it will more than likely dock at Alcantara Cruise Terminal (TPA). You can not walk from there to the town. It's in an industrial area and the walk would be 1.4 miles. There is a shuttle.

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain

The answer is: The PORT has not scheduled this yet. Here is the link:

The Eclipse is a large ship and it will more than likely dock at Alcantara Cruise Terminal (TPA). You can not walk from there to the town. It's in an industrial area and the walk would be 1.4 miles. There is a shuttle.

Same link I put up in post 2 above

Yes I used your link turtles06 thank you.

I agree its funny no quay has been scheduled. Our cruise is in just over 8 weeks and from past experience quays are posted before this. Last time we were in Lisbon we were docked just under the 25th of April bridge but a new part of the port has opened since and I don't know what size ships it handles.

A friend has just returned from Lisbon on the Eclipse and the Celebrity shuttle was $19pp:eek: does anyone know how much a taxi would be? We are on the Eclipse in October. Thanks

Hi

We were in Lisbon on the Eclipse two weeks ago and docked at Alcantara Cruise Terminal under the bridge. Yes the shuttle was $19 however this time we wanted to go to Belem so we walked out of the terminal and straight forward and in 5 minutes were at the railway station. We took the train to Belem but the trains in the other direction went to Cais De Sodre station which is very central. I checked the timetable and the trains were very regular and cost 1.75Euros pp.

However on our return from Belem we took a taxi. That is a similar distance as it is from the quay to the centre of Lisbon and the taxi only cost 5 Euros so they are pretty inexpensive. I've no idea how happy the taxis that await your ship are about taking you on such a short journey though.

Ive also read about taking tram no 5 from the main road outside the terminal but have not experienced that.

Also on Eclipse two weeks ago. Docked at Alcantra pier. There were shuttle buses available, a ticket for 19 dollars or 12 euros. We bought ours on board using OBC, although people were buying them on shore at the buses.

We took the shuttle into the town centre, and agree that the walk would probably not have been very enjoyable.

In the afternoon, after returning to the ship, we decided to walk to Belem along the riverfront ( although our shuttle tickets would have covered this trip as well)

I had read that it could take about 45 minutes to walk to the Monument of Discoveries. Normally not a problem for us, but on the day, there was a very strong wind against us, and it took over fifty minutes to almost reach the monument. Unfortunately when we were almost there, we realised that there was a marina entrance in our way, and at least a twenty minute detour inland to reach the monument. And by then we were pretty tired and wind burnt! Only took about twenty five minutes to walk back though!

In hindsight, we should have taken the shuttle to Belem tower and did our sightseeing from there. The distances were quite deceptive!

Also on Eclipse two weeks ago. Docked at Alcantra pier. There were shuttle buses available, a ticket for 19 dollars or 12 euros. We bought ours on board using OBC, although people were buying them on shore at the buses.

We took the shuttle into the town centre, and agree that the walk would probably not have been very enjoyable.

In the afternoon, after returning to the ship, we decided to walk to Belem along the riverfront ( although our shuttle tickets would have covered this trip as well)

I had read that it could take about 45 minutes to walk to the Monument of Discoveries. Normally not a problem for us, but on the day, there was a very strong wind against us, and it took over fifty minutes to almost reach the monument. Unfortunately when we were almost there, we realised that there was a marina entrance in our way, and at least a twenty minute detour inland to reach the monument. And by then we were pretty tired and wind burnt! Only took about twenty five minutes to walk back though!

In hindsight, we should have taken the shuttle to Belem tower and did our sightseeing from there. The distances were quite deceptive!

Boy I remember that wind! It came from nowhere. We hit the Marina issue but took a right and it only added 5 mins or so to our walk. However, at the monument the heavens opened ( deluged ) so we had to take shelter!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were on the Equinox TA in Nov/Dec, 2013. The port is in a busy area with lots of traffic. The ship's departure was delayed because of passengers that had not boarded. It seems that there was a strike and protests that caused a major traffic jam. I was surprised and pleased that the ship waited, especially since the missing passengers were in taxis, not on Celebrity tours.