Why trip insurance is so important

TravelingLadyOhio

We are a bit luckier with travel insurance here in Canada. I purchase a yearly package - trip interruption and medical - that covers us for any number of trips/year - up to 16 days on each trip. We get $1500 pp insurance (trip interruption, lost luggage, theft etc) - and unlimited medical while away. We bump up the trip portion to cover any pricier trips (ie: the river cruise!!) as desired.

Fran

Hey Fran, do you mind me asking how much you pay for this (approximately)? We are looking into something similar. Maybe it's the same company. Are we allowed to name insurance companies?

Thanks.

Med Jet for medical evac is the only one that comes to mind right away. They sell Annual policies as well as trip by trip policies.

If you go to insuremytrip and search for annual policies, there are a couple other companies that pop up, and they can cover more than just medical evac....

Hey Fran, do you mind me asking how much you pay for this (approximately)? We are looking into something similar. Maybe it's the same company. Are we allowed to name insurance companies?

Thanks.

We have RBC Insurance - purchased through our TA.

Makes is easier for us. My best friend lives in Louisville Ky, so it is nice to not have to worry about purchasing insurance each time we cross the border.

Can't think of how much it is off the top of my head - but can look it up if you are interested.

You can always contact me off line --> franski@rogers.com

Fran