4:21pm NY time BA heading down te Hudson!

KyleClark

ME TOO! It certainly was a spectacular day for sailaway.

DITTO!!! 5 weeks and counting. I think I have everything covered for my crew of 17... waiting for one more package to arrive from NCL, but aside from travel to/from the pier, my spreadsheet looks like I have it all covered (fingers crossed).

I can't wait! I SO need a vacation.

We're 25 in total, made up of two main families and a bunch of inlaws and outlaws - we just set up our transportation. Originally we were considering driving (well... the men folk were I should say).. but we (the wives!) changed our (their) minds :p I see you're in Dutchess... I'm in Putnam

Is that crew standing on the bow? Or pax? Guessing crew...

The door leading to the bow(if you can find it) is marked something like "crew only".

I believe it's a respite area for the crew.

If you happen to be wondering/wandering, the door is not locked (hint hint).

Got few family members on that ship right now. My father called me from her while she passed under Verrazano.

Sucks I could not be on it, but I will be on Epic 7/6/14 sailing :-)

The door leading to the bow(if you can find it) is marked something like "crew only".

I believe it's a respite area for the crew.

If you happen to be wondering/wandering, the door is not locked (hint hint).

None of the crew doors are locked. And most cruise lines (NCL included) take a pretty dim view of passengers wandering around in the crew work areas. Not to mention the bow is the one area the entire bridge staff, Captain included, will be looking right down at you! I would not go out onto the bow.

None of the crew doors are locked. And most cruise lines (NCL included) take a pretty dim view of passengers wandering around in the crew work areas. Not to mention the bow is the one area the entire bridge staff, Captain included, will be looking right down at you!

I would not go out onto the bow.

Yes, honorable pax would not go out onto the bow.

But I've heard that, when returning to NYC at pre-dawn, passing under the Verrazano,

it's a great (unnoticed) place to be. And the Captain and crew have other things to do.:)

I would not recommend !

I consider going into crew areas very rude. Some of these areas are the only place where the crew has time away from the passengers. How would you like someone barging into your living room?

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

I consider going into crew areas very rude. Some of these areas are the only place where the crew has time away from the passengers. How would you like someone barging into your living room?

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Well said ;).

DITTO!!! 5 weeks and counting. I think I have everything covered for my crew of 17... waiting for one more package to arrive from NCL, but aside from travel to/from the pier, my spreadsheet looks like I have it all covered (fingers crossed).

Woohoo. It's gonna be soooo much fun. Hope the weather cooperates for sailaway :)

Been waiting NINE LONG MONTHS for this cruise!

See you onboard.

Happy Cruising!

~Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

We are from Dutchess County also. Taking the Breakaway June 22. Will try to post review and comments as soon as we get back.