Serenade balcony room choices?

I'm looking at some Serenade sailings for next year. What type of balcony room would you suggest? No afts are available, but there are a few centre hump rooms. Are they really any better? Do they get wind/breezes?

Do they just have chairs or would there be a lounger?

Hi, regular balconies on Serenade have two chairs and the small round table (I like Jewel's chairs and table better, just for comparison). We enjoyed a D2 balcony on Deck 9 toward the aft because it was only 2 flights up the stairs to WJ in the morning, and to the gym. Let's see - we had cabin 9240 on Serenade and 9214 on Jewel - both were wonderful. We choose the port side of the ship as it is the "non-smoking side" (don't anyone get upset! It actually is the non-smoking deck side. :) ) and we feel there is less chance for smoke to drift our way on that side. We also like to be between two decks of cabins, and far enough away from the Centrum so as not to be bothered by noise. The Centrum is the hub on Radiance-class ships and the first few cabins off the Centrum can expect some music and noise.

Additionally, if you look at cabins 9078 and 9092 on the hump, you will see they have larger balconies but they are also, in my opinion, somewhat obstructed as you cannot see all the way around them due to the elevators. See what I mean? Although some people love these cabins for the larger balconies, which I do believe have a lounger.

Enjoy your cruise and all the planning leading up to it. :D

Hi, regular balconies on Serenade have two chairs and the small round table (I like Jewel's chairs and table better, just for comparison). We enjoyed a D2 balcony on Deck 9 toward the aft because it was only 2 flights up the stairs to WJ in the morning, and to the gym. Let's see - we had cabin 9240 on Serenade and 9214 on Jewel - both were wonderful. We choose the port side of the ship as it is the "non-smoking side" (don't anyone get upset! It actually is the non-smoking deck side. :) ) and we feel there is less chance for smoke to drift our way on that side. We also like to be between two decks of cabins, and far enough away from the Centrum so as not to be bothered by noise. The Centrum is the hub on Radiance-class ships and the first few cabins off the Centrum can expect some music and noise.

Additionally, if you look at cabins 9078 and 9092 on the hump, you will see they have larger balconies but they are also, in my opinion, somewhat obstructed as you cannot see all the way around them due to the elevators. See what I mean? Although some people love these cabins for the larger balconies, which I do believe have a lounger.

Enjoy your cruise and all the planning leading up to it. :D

Thank you for your thoughts. I am not a smoker and do not know all of the new rules. Am I wrong or isn't smoking on balconies banned? I know there are certain places on each ship where you can smoke, but it's not like one whole side of the ship, is it?

Am I wrong or isn't smoking on balconies banned? I know there are certain places on each ship where you can smoke, but it's not like one whole side of the ship, is it?

Sorry, I knew what I meant but didn't explain it well. :) The starboard side of Serenade is smoking (not balconies, but the pool deck). We simply prefer to take a balcony on the other side. That's all I meant. :)

Sorry, I knew what I meant but didn't explain it well. :) The starboard side of Serenade is smoking (not balconies, but the pool deck). We simply prefer to take a balcony on the other side. That's all I meant. :)

Thanks!!

We had 9078 on the Serenade in January and we LOVED it! Yes, there is some noise from the Centrum, but it didn't bother us. We absolutely loved the huge balcony with 2 regular chairs, 2 loungers and a table. The elevator shaft is no more of an obstruction on one side than the normal balcony divider is on the other side, and when you stand at the rail you can see very well both forward and aft because you are out on the hump. I would take that cabin or one of the others like in in a heartbeat if we sail that class of ship again.

We had 9078 on the Serenade in January and we LOVED it! Yes, there is some noise from the Centrum, but it didn't bother us. We absolutely loved the huge balcony with 2 regular chairs, 2 loungers and a table. The elevator shaft is no more of an obstruction on one side than the normal balcony divider is on the other side, and when you stand at the rail you can see very well both forward and aft because you are out on the hump. I would take that cabin or one of the others like in in a heartbeat if we sail that class of ship again.

Did you get sun on your balcony? Did your room seem dark from the larger/deeper balcony?

Did you get sun on your balcony? Did your room seem dark from the larger/deeper balcony?

No direct sun unless the sun was down lower and coming directly at the cabin. I didn't notice that the cabin seemed particularly dark, but I'm really sensitive to a lot of glare anyway.