"New" BOGOHO

I've read the terms and conditions, but I'm unclear about one thing. If I book it with my Mom as the second guest, can I ever change my second guest if my Mom can't go or would that result in losing the deal?

No..Royal's system will no longer allow that, or at least that's what a half dozen reps have told me....I tried to book a cabin for myself with TBD as the second person and I was not able to.....wound up just saying to book it as a single....I also called back several times and got the same answer...

As long as one name stays the same it should be ok....

Edited by megr1125

No..Royal's system will no longer allow that, or at least that's what a half dozen reps have told me....I tried to book a cabin for myself with TBD as the second person and I was not able to.....wound up just saying to book it as a single....I also called back several times and got the same answer...

But then the price would change by adding a person, with the port charges and stuff, so wouldn't that nullify it?

That was my experience as well. No more TBD.

I've read the terms and conditions, but I'm unclear about one thing. If I book it with my Mom as the second guest, can I ever change my second guest if my Mom can't go or would that result in losing the deal?

I think the best way to get the right answer is to call RCL and ask them. Find the cruise you want and call up. Ask and find out the answer to the question before committing to the cruise booking. Just in case, write down the name of the person you are talking to along with the date/time.

So if I book as a single, can I add a person, or will they say no to that too? Bah....I hate calling people.

So if I book as a single, can I add a person, or will they say no to that too? Bah....I hate calling people.

imo, which is free, if you are going to travel regardless, as a solo or as a double with bogoho, but you are still undecided, you might want to book both. Then cancel the one you don't want before final payment is due.

I don't think they would let you 'adjust' a solo rate to a bogoho without paying the current price (which may be higher at the time). Likewise, I do not think they would let you adjust bogoho to the solo price that was in effect at that time.

good luck

Don't know w/ this sale, but my daughter could not make our cruise this past week and rccl ask if I could find someone else to go in her place and it would be allowed.

Don't know w/ this sale, but my daughter could not make our cruise this past week and rccl ask if I could find someone else to go in her place and it would be allowed.

I asked the same question recently about changing name on reservation IF I needed to down the line (called the C&A number). They said change would be fine and I could keep rate (we were talking about C&A rate specifically, if the other person was not same level as original person, it would be ok, the cabin gets those rates b/c of my status.)

I had an original reservation and got a price reduction with the bogo sale. I'd be annoyed if they accepted the change so readily, like any other price drop, if I were in fact moving to a fare that is treated differently than other fares.............. i.e. more restrictive, can't change a name and keep rate.

They should tell you if that is the case, sort of like if moving from a Past Guest rate to an Early Saver on Carnival, or booking VGT rate on Disney............ they make sure you know about the restrictions.

I'd agree with what's been said above - as long as the main passenger 1 name stays the same the second one can be changed.

I sailed with my father over Christmas - he was hospitalised in October so started questioning this very situation. What I was told is that until final payment name can be changed for free. After final payment the fee is $80 to change the name and it must occur at least 14 days before sailing for security reasons. Keep in mind that I am in Australia so it's possible the rules are different in the US. I have also questioned RC and another line about the "if I book a single now to lock in the current rate then find a second person to share can they be added at that original rate?" and the answer in both instances was NO. The booking would have to be cancelled and the prevailing rate of the day would apply to rebook.

If I were you I would book for yourself and your mother as the second passenger to get your rate and then change the name down the track if need be (and in fact this is exactly what I've done for 3 future cruises knowing that it's 100% likely that they will have a name change to take a friend instead). :)