Rotterdam

spinsbabe

We will be cruising from Venice to Athens -12 days on the Rotterdam next year. Our cruise to Alaska last Sept on the Zaandam left us disappointed with the staff and service. Can anyone give us a 'heads up' re: Rotterdam and the service/staff they've encountered??? Thanks for any input/info.

I sailed the Rotterdam through the partial Panama Canal transit a year and a half ago and found the service to be excellent, the staff couldn't have been more helpful. I am sure you will find the Rotterdam a wonderful ship.

your perception of cruise experience will differ from other peoples' even on the same cruise.

We found the service on the Zaandam in january 2005 to be excellent, and even better than the Rotterdam in some areas. Our June 2005 Maasdam trip was the best yet. We've been on Rotterdam 4 times to equal a total of 60+ days and had a different experience each time. She remains my favorite ship.

There are so many factors that affect a particular cruise (season, itinerary, new staff, lots of kids on board) and also differing passenger expectations. If you get upset with small disappointments you will be unhappy on any cruise line and any ship. Some people can overlook anything and therefore be unfazed by major lacks in service or breakdowns.

In my opinion, there is no perfect cruise, BUT we've never had a bad cruise either. When we're on a HAL ship we're home, and happy.

GN

spinsbabe: What date are you sailing? We're booked on the Rotterdam sailing the same itinerary leaving from Venice on October 10/06. I'm just wondering if we're on the same sailing. This will be our 3rd HAL ship - previously we were on the Zuiderdam, then the Prinsendam, (big ship, little ship), now we're going on a mid-size. It will be interesting comparing the different sizes and facilities once we are onboard.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Archived