May 30th, 2015 Viking Homelands - Excursion questions

goksucats

So we are booked to sail on the Star on May 30th 2015 on the Viking Homelands tour. I have never been on a Viking cruise, though some of my family going on this trip with me have been on a couple of their River cruises. Does anybody know how far in advance somebody can book shore excursions? We have a couple we in particular want to be sure we are able to go on, and are ready to go ahead and secure our spots if we are able to do so no. Can we go ahead and contact Viking now about these? Or is it too early? Or does anybody know? Lol. Thanks in advance. I have been tasked with trying to find this out and got several questions answered here on my last cruise so I figured it was worth asking here first.

On the Vikings Oceans website FAQ section

How do I pre-book shore excursions?

Depending on your stateroom category, shore excursions may be reserved beginning 90 days before your cruise sails.

So the higher your cabin cat the "earlier" you can pre book.....

I am sure as Viking gets 3 ships up and running this sort of thing will change. I don't know if they appreciate how much planning CC members like to do prior to their cruises.

• 4 months later...
Look under the my trips tab. There is some information not much!

Just so you know, if you are in a V1 or V2 cabin, my TA was told by Viking that passengers in these cabins will not be able to reserve tours in advance at all, only after embarking the ship

Sent from my iPad using Forums