Balcony Dividers

We have a group of couples going on Independence of the Seas next year. We are on the hump on Deck 7. I have heard that the balcony dividers can be retracted somehow. Is this easily done, or do we have to have stewards do this? It might be kind of fun to have our balconies open. Has anyone done this before?

We have a group of couples going on Independence of the Seas next year. We are on the hump on Deck 7. I have heard that the balcony dividers can be retracted somehow. Is this easily done, or do we have to have stewards do this? It might be kind of fun to have our balconies open. Has anyone done this before?

The balcony dividers can be opened by the stateroom attendant, but it's up to the ship's management if it will be allowed.

Excuse my ignorance but what is "The Hump"?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

If you look at the side of the ship, it is not perfectly straight but a bit wavy. The hump is a small section that bumps out. On Oasis/Allure, these cabins are a bit larger (and cost more). On other ships, they are the same size as other balcony cabins but they are in the most convenient location (near the stairs/elevator) and have a nicer view especially if you are in the center of the hump.

We were on Indy two weeks ago and had three cabins together and this was our balcony. Great fun doing it :)

848-Longbalcony_zps5dd3c66b.jpg

Those tables and chairs look nice. I'm guessing you were staying in a suite? I will be on Liberty next year. Does anyone know if the Liberty has the nice chairs and tables for handicapped balcony rooms and does the balcony dividers open?

Thanks,

Loralie

Those tables and chairs look nice. I'm guessing you were staying in a suite? I will be on Liberty next year. Does anyone know if the Liberty has the nice chairs and tables for handicapped balcony rooms and does the balcony dividers open?

Thanks,

Loralie

The dividers can be opened on Liberty, but it is not a guarantee that it will be allowed.

I don't know about the furniture