Booked a cruise through WOW & BOGOHO sale... Deposit Glitch...

I just booked a cruise waaaaaay in the future (March 2016), to take advantage of the BOGOHO & WOW sale together. Got a good deal.

Anyway, part of the WOW sale is a reduced deposit (I paid in $CAD, so I'm not sure what the $USD amount was) of $265 for 2 people.

When I got my emailed confirmation, AND, when I check online, they both say that I owe a payment of $530 due June 9, 2014 - which is 7 days from when I booked the cruise.

I called RC just to be sure that I did not owe anything more until the final payment, which is in Dec 2015. The very helpful associate called this a "rogue" error, and assured me that I did not owe any payments the final payment date.

Shocker.. Royal Caribbean IT glitches.

But, just in case anyone else sees the same issue on their reservation - relax.. it's a glitch. :cool:

The fine print does say it won't work. You'd think they could fix that!

The 50% reduced deposit and onboard credit offer is applicable to on-line bookings; however, the on-line booking confirmation will not reflect the reduced deposit.

The fine print does say it won't work. You'd think they could fix that!

The 50% reduced deposit and onboard credit offer is applicable to on-line bookings; however, the on-line booking confirmation will not reflect the reduced deposit.

I agree, I think they could fix it. It's been that way for years.

This is just a guess, but I suspect that they get enough people who get frustrated that the website won't take the lower deposit, that they just end up paying the full deposit. So there's a disincentive for Royal to change the programming that will cause them to get less money up front.

I think that Todd means he booked by phone and the website is still prompting him that he owes more deposit money. That has happened to me in the past and they did assure me that the rest of the money wasn't due until final payment.

I think that Todd means he booked by phone and the website is still prompting him that he owes more deposit money. That has happened to me in the past and they did assure me that the rest of the money wasn't due until final payment.

Yes, this is the case. Sorry for the confusion.. I did book by phone

Too many acronyms to keep track of, so when I see a new "sale", I call our TA and have her check it out. Chances are she's familiar with it since other customers have probably inquired about it.

We did the BOGOHO booking and then 2 days later did the WOW for some OBC and lowered deposit.

Ahhh... the silly games we play just to save a few bucks...but if a deal is offered, I'll take it.

I just booked a cruise waaaaaay in the future (March 2016), to take advantage of the BOGOHO & WOW sale together. Got a good deal.

Anyway, part of the WOW sale is a reduced deposit (I paid in $CAD, so I'm not sure what the $USD amount was) of $265 for 2 people.

When I got my emailed confirmation, AND, when I check online, they both say that I owe a payment of $530 due June 9, 2014 - which is 7 days from when I booked the cruise.

I called RC just to be sure that I did not owe anything more until the final payment, which is in Dec 2015. The very helpful associate called this a "rogue" error, and assured me that I did not owe any payments the final payment date.

Shocker.. Royal Caribbean IT glitches.

But, just in case anyone else sees the same issue on their reservation - relax.. it's a glitch. :cool:

Watch for the Canadian Residency sale again.

We booked our Feb 2015 Cruise about a week ago and paid $529 less then what the BOGO price was.

Watch for the Canadian Residency sale again.

We booked our Feb 2015 Cruise about a week ago and paid $529 less then what the BOGO price was.

Do you get any notice of the Canadian Residency sale or do you just keep checking your cruise price every few days? That's a nice price difference! I've booked with the BOGOHO price and I thought THAT was good :)

Do you get any notice of the Canadian Residency sale or do you just keep checking your cruise price every few days? That's a nice price difference! I've booked with the BOGOHO price and I thought THAT was good :)

I tend to stalk cruise prices ;)

I was watching the prices for a while then saw the price drop and booked.

I took out the province and the rate went back up when I was checking out prices.

This was the pricing.

Canadian Resident sale

Guest #1 $1570 - $613 resident discount =$957 plus $129 tx =$1086

Guest #2 $1570 - $613 resident discount =$957 plus $129 tx =$1086

Guest #3 $679 plus $129 = $808

Resident sale stateroom total $2980

BOGO rate

Guest #1 $1629 plus $129 tx = $1758

Guest #2 $1629 - $815 BOGO discount $129 tx = $943

BOGO sale stateroom total $3509

BOGO started the next day and sure enough the price went up.

We're already booked so reduced deposit is meaningless

I tend to stalk cruise prices ;)

I was watching the prices for a while then saw the price drop and booked.

I took out the province and the rate went back up when I was checking out prices.

This was the pricing.

Canadian Resident sale

Guest #1 $1570 - $613 resident discount =$957 plus $129 tx =$1086

Guest #2 $1570 - $613 resident discount =$957 plus $129 tx =$1086

Resident sale stateroom total $2980

BOGO rate

Guest #1 $1629 plus $129 tx = $1758

Guest #2 $1629 - $815 BOGO discount $129 tx = $943

BOGO sale stateroom total $3509

BOGO started the next day and sure enough the price went up.

We're already booked so reduced deposit is meaningless

WOW... that's a great price for Allure! Think I need to start "stalking" too! You just never know.

I agree that the reduced deposit is meaningless... it has to be paid in the end so whether it's reduced or regular deposit, it doesn't matter to me .

Thanks for the heads up on this! Enjoy Allure :)

WOW... that's a great price for Allure! Think I need to start "stalking" too! You just never know.

I agree that the reduced deposit is meaningless... it has to be paid in the end so whether it's reduced or regular deposit, it doesn't matter to me .

Thanks for the heads up on this! Enjoy Allure :)

We booked a boardwalk Balcony Stateroom and couldn't resist the price. It was a toss up between the Allure and a Carnival Breeze Revisit. The Breeze was $3700 U.S. for a Standard Balcony Room.

I couldn't pass up $2980 Canadian for the Allure.

We booked a boardwalk Balcony Stateroom and couldn't resist the price. It was a toss up between the Allure and a Carnival Breeze Revisit. The Breeze was $3700 U.S. for a Standard Balcony Room.

I couldn't pass up $2980 Canadian for the Allure.

:eek: That's all the better if you've got a boardwalk balcony stateroom..thought maybe it was an inside! Heck, it's like you can't afford NOT to go!!;)

I just went on the website and one advertisement at the top said " exclusive rates for Canada only" it looks like the resident sale is back. I haven't checked for what sailing though.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just went on the website and one advertisement at the top said " exclusive rates for Canada only" it looks like the resident sale is back. I haven't checked for what sailing though.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

:D OH... thanks so much for the heads up! I'm off to check now.

We had the deposit glitch too, but it wasn't a big problem.

Checking prices today, the Oasis cruise we booked has gone up $500, but the Grandeur is the same price today as it was during the BOGOHO WOW sale. Go figure.