Ketchikan bridge fishing

mipo777

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has done bridge fishing in Ketchikan? I've read on these boards that Dolly's House rents the gear which is perfect, but do they also handle the processing as well or do you have to catch and release? My wife & I would like to do some fishing and ship home as we love wild salmon, but thought the bridge fishing would be nice since we have such a short time in Ketchikan.

If we can't get them processed we may go with Ken's tour instead, which sounds amazing, I just know it will take up our whole day.

Thanks for any input you can share.

Dollys House , the Museum, rents tackle?

It might be wise to contact Dollys House to verify:

1. they have tackle, licenses, etc

2. where you can fish

3. and if they don't process, will they recommend someone

I don't know if it's Dolly's house that rents the gear, but I do remember seeing a booth NEXT TO Dolly's house in the past. We talked to the young man working there one trip. It was end of July and only a couple of salmon to be seen in the creek. He said he was predicting that they would be there "next week." Easy for him to tell us that. :p

We rented our gear last summer from the vendor next to Dolly's. I think they are connected to the small store right next to Dolly's place there on Creek Street. We rented poles, tackle and purchased our fishing licenses from them. You can fish off the bridge or the docks. We opted to walk down and fish from the docks and caught plenty of salmon. We were catching Pinks and Chums which really aren't considered great eating, so we caught and released. Lots of fun to catch though! We are going to go back again this summer on our day in Ketchikan, but this year we are bringing a couple of our own poles and tackle and will purchase our licenses online ahead of time.

We rented our gear last summer from the vendor next to Dolly's. I think they are connected to the small store right next to Dolly's place there on Creek Street. We rented poles, tackle and purchased our fishing licenses from them. You can fish off the bridge or the docks. We opted to walk down and fish from the docks and caught plenty of salmon. We were catching Pinks and Chums which really aren't considered great eating, so we caught and released. Lots of fun to catch though! We are going to go back again this summer on our day in Ketchikan, but this year we are bringing a couple of our own poles and tackle and will purchase our licenses online ahead of time.

Best baits?