Is there a way to know if a large group is booked on a particular itinerary?

engrstudent

I'm sure this question has been asked before but anyhow...My wife and I are looking at the 8/2 sailing of the Maasdam from Boston to Montreal to try something different this summer for our anniversary. We typically watch an itinerary until the 90 day window and then start seriously considering whether we want to book or not as prices typically start to drop off based on available cabins. We have been watching this cruise since January and the lanai cabins and above are all sold out. I know, I know, some cruises/dates sell faster/better than others and maybe this is just a popular week. What I find interesting though is that there are plenty of cabins the week before/after this particular date with discounts now appearing for suite cabins. Also, considering all the lanai/vista/Neptune suites are listed as sold out you would think by chance at least one person from CC would have started a roll call (this is the first I've seen without one).

I just have a hunch that maybe there is some large event or group is causing this week to sell out? Any thoughts on what makes that one week so magical? If there is something going on that sailing is there anyway to find out other than CC? I mean I wish I could be flexible and shoot for a cheaper week but alas my wife is a teacher and only gets certain weeks off between semesters. I am just curious about what the CC community has to say.

The cruise lines keep that information as private as they can even if directly asked.

Some of us have had success learning about groups by googling the ship and date we want to sail. Scroll several pages as it might not show up on the first page of google results.

Once when I wanted to know how big the group was, I called the number provided and inquired about the group.

Try doing a google of the ship and date. Some of these large groups are advertising a group cruise so you're likely to see something. Others, like a business group, etc. probably not.

Checking your roll call will sometimes give you a clue. ;)

LuLu

thanks everyone for the replies. My wife and I try to be economy cruisers so as long as we have a bed for a good price the room type isn't too important. We'll probably keep watching this one and if the price is right for us book it regardless. All I can say is the weather in new England/Canada in august is going to be a lot more pleasant than SC!