1st Cruise on Cunard / QV ~ Advice Needed

Big Foot

Hello,

I will be travelling on QV on a 3 night cruise departing from Southampton in October.

Whilst I have cruised before this will be my 1st time with Cunard / on QV and would be grateful if someone was able to answer a few questions for me please? (I have tried to find them on the FAQ’s on the website but I haven’t found the answers I’m looking for)

1) We will book the CPS car parking; for a 3 night cruise will they still park your car or do you do this yourself?

2) Do you take your own luggage on board or can you check it in?

3) Never having sailed from the QE11 terminal how does embarkation work; are you given a lettered card & called through in groups (like P&O)?

4) What time are cabins normally ready?

5) Where should we head to for a bit of lunch?

6) How does disembarkation work for a 3 night cruise? I assume you're allocated a departure time; are you able to select your own time. Are you taken to a venue to wait until your group is called?

Any other tips for a newbie on QV would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Joan

Hello,

I will be travelling on QV on a 3 night cruise departing from Southampton in October.

Whilst I have cruised before this will be my 1st time with Cunard / on QV and would be grateful if someone was able to answer a few questions for me please? (I have tried to find them on the FAQ’s on the website but I haven’t found the answers I’m looking for)

1) We will book the CPS car parking; for a 3 night cruise will they still park your car or do you do this yourself?

2) Do you take your own luggage on board or can you check it in?

3) Never having sailed from the QE11 terminal how does embarkation work; are you given a lettered card & called through in groups (like P&O)?

4) What time are cabins normally ready?

5) Where should we head to for a bit of lunch?

6) How does disembarkation work for a 3 night cruise? I assume you're allocated a departure time; are you able to select your own time. Are you taken to a venue to wait until your group is called?

Any other tips for a newbie on QV would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Joan

Joan

CPS Say on their website

On Arrival

Upon arrival at the appropriate cruise terminal designated by your cruise operator:

· You will be directed to the appropriate vehicle lane by a member of port security

· From here you will be met by a member of our reception staff who will book in your vehicle and carry out relevant security procedures. You will be issued a barcoded receipt.

· A porter will be on hand to assist with luggage. (Please note it is the passengers responsibility to ensure all luggage and essentials are removed from the vehicle)

· Once checked in the driver will take your vehicle to the nearby secure compound

· You are then able to proceed to the terminal to check-in for your cruise.

· For 2 night self park cruises, once the luggage has been removed drivers are directed to the appropriate parking location.

On Return

· You will be directed from the terminal to the key collection point.

· Please hand the receptionist your barcoded receipt and you will be issued your vehicle keys.

· For 2 night self park cruises you will be directed to the relevant parking location

· You will be directed to the relevant area of the car park where your vehicle is located. There are marshals on hand to assist with further directions.

· You will then be directed by marshals in exiting the compound.

You deposit your luggage at the terminal with the porters and next see it outside your stateroom

QE2 Terminal is different ( Unless they have changed it ) After going through security and checking in, You will be called through in colour coded cards handed out for boarding

Staterooms are normally ready when boarding commences at around 11.30 am

Lunch will be available in the Lido for Britannia Guests

Edited by Pennbank

On timing for disembarkation, it is usually done in order of:

1. Self disembarkation - you must be able to carry ALL bags off the ship without any assistance. It starts at around 7-7.30am.

2. Grills - usually around 8-8.15am

3. Diamond World club members - 8.15-8.30am

4. In deck order - Deck 8 first, then 7, 6 etc. Those on deck 1 would be last and that can be up until and after 10am ish.

On a 3 night trip, it's probably worth self disembarking as you will probably only have 1 case between you and hand luggage so it's easy to get off quickly.