Another soda pkg ?

kroozbuddy

2 questions for the experts.

1. The packages have blackout dates of March 1st-April 15th. If we leave on April 12th does that mean we are blacked out for the entire trip or just from 12-15?

2. Is there a price list anywhere of what drinks cost. I can not imagine spending $50 a day per person on drinks especially on the 4 days that we get off of the ship. We like to drink beer, rum and coke, daiquiris and basic drinks like those. Any idea of a rough price?

It must depend upon when you booked your cruise. I just booked on 6/20 and I have no options on the soda package - both my husband and I are checked with no way to change it to just one of us.

I want the UBP and he wants the soda package so we won't be buying either. NCL will make less on us since we won't spend the $487 those two would have cost. (He'll bring on his preferred Diet Coke).

2 questions for the experts.

1. The packages have blackout dates of March 1st-April 15th. If we leave on April 12th does that mean we are blacked out for the entire trip or just from 12-15?

2. Is there a price list anywhere of what drinks cost. I can not imagine spending $50 a day per person on drinks especially on the 4 days that we get off of the ship. We like to drink beer, rum and coke, daiquiris and basic drinks like those. Any idea of a rough price?

bumping for my 2 questions.

bumping for my 2 questions.

1. The answer is in the UBP Terms and Conditions on NCL.com - you should read it. It says, in part "Also not available during blackout dates of March 1 – April 15, applies to sailings that includes these dates. Blackout dates do not apply to Norwegian Jade or Norwegian Spirit."

2. The linked spreadsheet has a current price list.

http://mrose.org/cc/NCL%20Drink%20Spreadsheet.xlsx

So a follow up question...Anybody have experience with bringing soda on board going out of Manhattan?

I did it last week on the Breakaway, 3 6 packs of bottles, used clear packing tape to secure them together and attached a luggage tag. Also did the same with a 24 pack of water. They arrived safe and sound. They did tell us that the water/sodas are delivered after the luggage

Edited by MagicMike

I was on the Getaway 6/7 waited until i was on board to purchase soda package for 12 yo son. They did make me purchase for anybody else.

Sorry meant to say "not". They did not make me purchase for anybody else.

Applicable beverage packages must be purchased for all guests staying within the same stateroom for the entire length of the cruise.

well I just purchased it for my 2 boys yesterday. It only shows that they have it. I hope my daughter and I don't get stuck with it as we don't drink pop.