Another soda pkg ?

kroozbuddy

So last October on breakaway the wife got a solo soda package no questions asked, i drank a few beer buckets and the included drinks from the buffet. this coming sept we are going on the gem and it appears it is making me purchase a soda pkg for each of us, anyone else have experience with this?

Edited by kroozbuddy

So last October on breakaway the wife got a solo soda package no questions asked, i drank a few beer buckets and the included drinks from the buffet. this coming sept we are going on the gem and it appears it is making me purchase a soda pkg for each of us, anyone else have experience with this?

New policy is that everyone in the same cabin must have a package if one person has it.

Nah - I don't think they've changed the terms for the soda package.

OP: It appears they've changed the web form recently (you can now pre-order the UBP online, where you couldn't do that before). Have you tried just submitting the form for one pax? Does it error out? If so, call them up.

Wow! This raises a concern for me in 10 days! I am taking my daughter and grandsons on the Pearl to Alaska and was planning on buying the soda card for my 10 y/o grandson once on board. The others are too young to drink soda or to roam around on their own and get a soda and daughter and I drink tea! Will I be able to buy him the card or should I get him some sodas to have on board? I am anxious for him to have some small independent activities on the ship and I think this would be a good start.

It actually states in the order form that Beverage packages must be purchased for all guests staying within the same stateroom and all within reservation or reservations travelling together.

The way I understand it that applies unfortunately for ALL types of beverage packages - including the soda program....

https://www.formstack.com/forms/ncl-beveragepackage

Well this is new. Copy and paste from ncl.com below.....

Adult & Teen Soda Package

$6.50 USD per person per day (Adults & Teens Ages 13+)

$4.50 USD per child per day (Kids Ages 3-12)

Package Includes: Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Mt. Dew, Ginger Ale, Tonic water, Club Soda. Unlimited Fountain Soda. The entire cruise must be purchased and is non-refundable. Souvenir thermal mug is included in the purchase of the program. Children ages 3-12 staying in the same stateroom will be required to purchase the Children's Soda Package.

Applicable beverage packages must be purchased for all guests staying within the same stateroom for the entire length of the cruise.

So a follow up question...Anybody have experience with bringing soda on board going out of Manhattan?

Last year.( NYC terminal).I brought a 12 pack of seltzer, just tapped a luggage tag to it and porter took it..(though he did put it on a different cart than our luggage)..it did make it to the room..minus one can ...not sure if they were checking contents..or it busted..(as cardboard was a bit wet)..

Edited by jaja

So a follow up question...Anybody have experience with bringing soda on board going out of Manhattan?

So a follow up question... actually, re-asking the ones I already asked.

Did you try booking just one soda package?

Did you try calling NCL?

So a follow up question... actually, re-asking the ones I already asked.

Did you try booking just one soda package?

Did you try calling NCL?

I just tried to book one package for our cruise in 16 days on my ncl. It defaults to both DH and myself. You have to purchase for everyone in the cabin age 3 yrs to adult.

I wonder how that will affect the revenue for NCL? One of the nice things about the soda package was that parents could buy it for their kids and not for themselves if they did not drink the stuff. My missus would never spend the money for soda, she does not drink it, just tea and coffee. I on the other hand would sometimes buy the package for myself for a little change in drinks. I will just bring a 12 pack on board from now on so I can have some ginger ale when I want some.

You do not have to get the Soda Package for everyone in your room. I just purchased it for 3 out of the 4 of us in our room with no problem at all.

Looks like this might be a very recent change. It's a bummer, because I always purchased for my kids - DH and I never drink soda.

Hi. I saw other posts saying all guest in a stateroom need the package. I already booked and paid for my 10 year old. Is NCL going to honor this? Will this be a problem on the ship? I refuse to pay for the rest of my family as we do not drink soda. Frustrated!!!

Would it make a difference if you purchased it on the ship when you board rather than through the website? Just asking. I never get the soda package as I don't drink soda enough. But just a thought. Maybe online it requires you to purchase for everyone...But if you purchased it on the actual ship, maybe you could possibly pull a string or two? Worth a try?

Hi. I saw other posts saying all guest in a stateroom need the package. I already booked and paid for my 10 year old. Is NCL going to honor this? Will this be a problem on the ship? I refuse to pay for the rest of my family as we do not drink soda. Frustrated!!!

In the past they have always grandfathered in changes like this for anyone who had already purchased.

I will report back from the breakaway on the 15th if no one else does first.

I haven't in Manhattan, but I have on all my NCL cruises with no problem whatsoever. I even bring Pepsi and they sell Pepsi. I put the 12pk in a large tote, tie it up and throw a luggage tag on it. Some people just slap a luggage tag on the 12pk without a tote. I let the porter know so they don't sling it around. Never had a problem. Sometimes the sodas are at my cabin door before the luggage.

That is what we did on the Sky last December. I had a rolling tote that I put a case of water and a case of bottled coke zero in. Put the luggage tag on it. It did come later than the rest of the luggage, but only had a note that the luggage had been inspected and everything was okay. No contraband. We don't drink Pepsi, so this was the easiest way to have what we liked on board. We requested the frig in the room cleaned out as soon as we met our steward. Cold drinks anytime we wanted.

Well this is new. Copy and paste from ncl.com below.....

Package Includes: Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Mt. Dew, Ginger Ale, Tonic water, Club Soda. Unlimited Fountain Soda. The entire cruise must be purchased and is non-refundable. Souvenir thermal mug is included in the purchase of the program. Children ages 3-12 staying in the same stateroom will be required to purchase the Children's Soda Package.

Applicable beverage packages must be purchased for all guests staying within the same stateroom for the entire length of the cruise.

Hey folks here's a thought. Is it possible the wording in the above policy is somewhat confusing? The way I read it is first listed are the details of the program followed by the disclaimer. Isn't it possible the disclaimer is simply stating that only the applicable beverage package fall in the 1 buys all buy policy. This applies to all the alcohol packages only from what I can tell.

my two cents...

Looks like this might be a very recent change. It's a bummer, because I always purchased for my kids - DH and I never drink soda.

:confused: This is my Originally Posted by lovetrauma

You do not have to get the Soda Package for everyone in your room. I just purchased it for 3 out of the 4 of us in our room with no problem at all.

So you can purchase for one or all in your room over the phone with No problem. As I mentioned before I did this today and the rep on the phone said only the UBP has the restriction of others in the room purchasing packages. It does not affect Soda only packages.

This is copied from the NCL website, notice it is for the soda package, not the alcohol!!! I called NCL and they said they have to go with what the website states. Maybe some are lucky??

Beverage Package Pricing

Guest Adult & Teen Soda Package (Ages 13 and older) $52.36 per person Adult & Teen Soda Package (Ages 13 and older) $52.36 per person Children’s Soda Package (Ages 3-12) $36.26 per person

******** Check-mark

******** Check-mark

Includes 15% gratuity and applicable taxes added to package price.

Total: $ 104.72

Edited by rvsullivan

On our May B2B on the Star, once we got on the ship my husband and I both bought a soda card for the TA crossing, but he rarely used his card. So on the Baltic cruise I just bought one soda card for myself. Since I bought it on the ship, not online, that might be why I was able to buy just one card.

I do - I took 2 bottles of seltzer on the Breakaway. I carried them on with no issue. I did bring a case of water with a luggage tag on it. The porter put it on a separate luggage rack which had a number of other passengers' cases of soda on it, so I doubt there was a problem.

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought for one out of the four in our stateroom. Under the drink packages there is an asterisk by the alcohol package and the other package that includes wine and no asterisk by the soda package. At the bottom it says that the asterisk means you have to purchase for everyone in stateroom for thos packages which is not for the soda only package. Just look by the terms and conditions.