Group rates?

jolyroger

For those who have ever booked with a huge group and done a group rate are there any benefits to doing this? Also what exactly does it entail? We already booked about a month ago under ES for next April...we probably need about 10-12 cabins total,with (already 6 of these booked. also different catagories)..Not sure if we would have to cancel booking and then rebook...any help is greatly appreciated!

You need to contact the groups department at Carnival.

I'm not sure you can just change to a group booking, the pricing is different and then you need to understand the amenity points and how the free berth dollars are going to be distributed or awarded.

I have booked several large groups. Going with the group booking, you do get some perks. You receive "points" that you can use for things like OBC, wine, robes etc. Also for every 16 full price passengers you get one free berth (that is one person in a room the 2nd person would pay).

Sometimes it is better book through groups other times its not. The last group I did was 16 people 8 balcony cabins & the rate was better going with past guest than with the groups. So call groups & see if it works out better or not.

I have booked several large groups. Going with the group booking, you do get some perks. You receive "points" that you can use for things like OBC, wine, robes etc. Also for every 16 full price passengers you get one free berth (that is one person in a room the 2nd person would pay).

Sometimes it is better book through groups other times its not. The last group I did was 16 people 8 balcony cabins & the rate was better going with past guest than with the groups. So call groups & see if it works out better or not.

Something to remember is that whoever get's the "free berth" does not get VIFP points. There is a recent Thread about this.

Contact a good TA or CCL Group Dept to "block" your group space first.

However , anyone booked into your group Early Savers , will not receive any group amenities (like OBC, ect) .But will count toward your 1 for 16 TC.

The ES option hurts groups on CCL when compared to groups on other cruise lines that don't have a similar rate as ES.

Contact a good TA or CCL Group Dept to "block" your group space first.

However , anyone booked into your group Early Savers , will not receive any group amenities (like OBC, ect) .But will count toward your 1 for 16 TC.

The ES option hurts groups on CCL when compared to groups on other cruise lines that don't have a similar rate as ES.

So if you book a group rate you dont qualify for the ES price protection?