A short survey "Which would you choose?"

BBMacLaird

Tell us what you think our next promotion should be!  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Tell us what you think our next promotion should be!

• A. Double Stateroom Upgrade
    • B. Onboard Spending Credit
    • C. Free Shore Excursions
    • D. 50% Off 2nd Guest's Cruise Fare

I am not one now......but..changes in your life happen...DH and I have been so lucky to meet so many couples along the way of our travels... cruising...and most important on CC!!! And..some of these wonderful people no longer have their partner here on earth...but their wonderful spouses are!! And we want to travel with them!!! And it is so difficult...to want to "cruise" with these ladies/men...who have to pay so much "extra" that they can't cruise anymore!!!???? I really think there should be an answer for this? Please help!!! LuAnn

We travel very often as a threesome -- it works as we love our cousin and cruising especially has given us decades of shared memories. We always have our own cabin as does she. There is no question that 30 days with 3 in a room will not work! Her costs are usually within 10% of what our costs are for 2 people and we often have a balcony and she is in an inside. We often find others in this same position (table for 6 anyone??:) ).

Could we not break some new ground here and have a "deal" where a single who is with a double or with a group should get some benefit. These people take shore excursions, buy stuff and gamble sometimes more than 2 stay to themselves we are a couple folks! It breaks my heart that cousin is paying at the rate of $9,000 plus to enjoy the same vacation as we are paying $4,800 per person. Sometimes she chooses not to go if the ports are ones that are not that interesting to her -- and we surely miss our travel companion. It really does not seem fair!

We travel very often as a threesome -- it works as we love our cousin and cruising especially has given us decades of shared memories. We always have our own cabin as does she. There is no question that 30 days with 3 in a room will not work! Her costs are usually within 10% of what our costs are for 2 people and we often have a balcony and she is in an inside. We often find others in this same position (table for 6 anyone??:) ).

Could we not break some new ground here and have a "deal" where a single who is with a double or with a group should get some benefit. These people take shore excursions, buy stuff and gamble sometimes more than 2 stay to themselves we are a couple folks! It breaks my heart that cousin is paying at the rate of $9,000 plus to enjoy the same vacation as we are paying $4,800 per person. Sometimes she chooses not to go if the ports are ones that are not that interesting to her -- and we surely miss our travel companion. It really does not seem fair!

If you chose the voyages that have the special 125% single rate, your heart wouldn't be broken and feelings of unfairness would be moot. If you go on the Azamara website and click on "Offers" you'll come up with the page that says Savings for Singles. As so: http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/special-offers/savings-singles We took our daughter with us last month on the Journey and our voyage was one of the ones on the savings list so her guarantee inside cabin, which cost $999 pp double occupancy, cost her (us ;)) $1250. Much better than paying $1998 for her, which we would have had that particular sailing not been eligible for the savings.

Hello Cruzsnooze (cute name, btw) - while I am sympathetic to your concern I must say I can't imagine how the onboard staff would operationalize this scenario, i.e., some Guests are "allowed" to drink (they paid for it) v.v. those Guests who aren't to drink (they rcvd a credit back per your suggestion.) No one wants to be a chaperone.

Long story short, keeping in perspective that I am the writer of blogs & your contact person on CC and thus not in the inner circle per se, I don't foresee a change to policy in this matter.

But I do speak for the company when I say we hope you'll come back to us someday...perhaps for the Longer Stays, More Overnights, and Night Touring, if not for the drinks.

b/rgds, Bonnie

The way to do this is a credit of $50 per person per day and then there is no monitoring of anything. My seapass card would have an emblem that signifies no alcohol purchased. In todays world of technology there are certainly ways to accomplish this if Azamara wants to gain cruisers like myself and DH. we only have 7 cruises this year, tough I know but we like sailing and wish we could give Azamara the revenue but we can't. Thank you for responding, I appreciate that.

The way to do this is a credit of $50 per person per day and then there is no monitoring of anything. My seapass card would have an emblem that signifies no alcohol purchased. In todays world of technology there are certainly ways to accomplish this if Azamara wants to gain cruisers like myself and DH. we only have 7 cruises this year, tough I know but we like sailing and wish we could give Azamara the revenue but we can't. Thank you for responding, I appreciate that.

That is a pity, you are missing a treat, the passengers on Azamara are truly lovely people.

One of the many things that we and everyone we have met love, so far this year and last, on both cruises, is not having to bother with cards in order to get a coffee, soft drink or alcoholic one. I suspect that is why Azamara did the more inclusive, it turns the whole experience into a private club atmosphere. Not everyone we have met drink alcohol, but nobody complained, the atmosphere made by relaxed, happy people and less hurried and stressed bar waiters was appreciated by all.

We don't drink wine, but would never have considered or even thought about complaining about those that did when the policy was just wine and not spirits.

This has been done to death elsewhere on here, but we also don't go to any set entertainment, but it's there for those that do as are many things on a cruise or any resort based holiday.

Host Andy you can delete my post with pleasure or move all this discussion to the thread that has already been through all this.

Yvonne

That is a pity, you are missing a treat, the passengers on Azamara are truly lovely people.

Yvonne

A pity indeed only 7 cruises this year LOL.

It seems you didn't thoroughly read my posts. We sailed with Azamara from Hong Kong to Singapore so we know about Azamara and liked it. The all inclusive alcohol is a deal breaker for us. The passengers on most of our cruises have been truly wonderful people, it's not restricted to any one brand. My favorite cruises have had 300 passengers or less and the people have been very friendly and easy to bond with. Lindblad's National Geographic is one that spends over nights and several days in one location and all excursions are included. We found them to be most accommodating and liquor was not included. There is fierce competition among the cruise lines with the over build they have created and I'm sure they value all our input as to what is a deal breaker or a deal maker.

Edited by cruzsnooze

There is no doubt that Azamara would welcome your revenue as you are such a frequent cruiser.

But doesn't your alcohol stance restrict you from sailing on other lovely lines too where alcohol is included like Silversea, Seabourn, Crystal and others.

I admit that I enjoy a cocktail or two and the occasional glass of wine but for me selecting my cruise has nothing to do with alcohol. It is about the itinerary and length of stay in port, the convivial people I might meet, the friendliness of the crew and a club atmosphere on board. Azamara provides me with all these things in spades.

Enjoy all your future cruises Cruzsnooze (apologies if I spelt your CC handle incorrectly)

There is no doubt that Azamara would welcome your revenue as you are such a frequent cruiser.

But doesn't your alcohol stance restrict you from sailing on other lovely lines too where alcohol is included like Silversea, Seabourn, Crystal and others.

I don't sail those lines but I may some day. We are destination oriented which Azamara has leaned towards. We use Lindblad, International Expeditions, Viking River and some mass market lines like RCL , Celbrity, & Princess. There are so many choices today that weren't available years ago we're thrilled. I never say "never" so it's possable we will sail on Azamara some day, I just don't see it happening right now with their policy of charging a cancel fee before final payment and the alcohol included. Azamara has a good product but the terms are not for us. Edited by cruzsnooze

I don't sail those lines but I may some day. We are destination oriented which Azamara has leaned towards. We use Lindblad, International Expeditions, Viking River and some mass market lines like RCL , Celbrity, & Princess. There are so many choices today that weren't available years ago we're thrilled. I never say "never" so it's possable we will sail on Azamara some day, I just don't see it happening right now with their policy of charging a cancel fee before final payment and the alcohol included. Azamara has a good product but the terms are not for us.

Viking include this

Hot coffee and tea are free all day; your meals are always accompanied by hot tea, iced tea or coffee, house wines and beers and soft drinks. Complimentary bottles of water are supplied in your stateroom each day. There is no corkage fee, so you may bring local wine aboard and enjoy it with your meals.

Cancellation Policy states

PAYMENT POLICY

A non-refundable cruise/tour deposit of 25% per person

loss of deposit if you cancel 70 days out, 25% is one heck of a deposit to lose after 30 days out and 50% inbetween.

Looks like Viking River cruises is out for you also

Yvonne:(

This Poll is now closed.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to vote, and to those who took the extra time to write your comments & suggestions.

These results will be combined with the results of the polls on Facebook and Instagram as well. I'll share the results when I get them.

Bonnie