Anthem of the seas

Hadn't heard about that. Just googled it. It seems that they are not sure what started the fire or if it will affect the launch date. Might wait a while before booking.

If the fire was on the Anthem and not Quantum and damage was limited to about $68k I doubt it will significantly affect the delivery date. It seems that they should have more than sufficient time to make whatever repairs are necessary without delaying the ship's completion. I'd book now on the theory that prices are more likely to rise rather than drop and, in the event that they do drop before final payment is due, RCI will honor the price reduction. The large number of cruisers who are willing to pay a premium in order to say that they were on the inaugural TA makes it seem unlikely that prices will go any lower than they are at the present time.

Edited by negc

As I stated I also expect prices to rise. Bill is right, people will pay a premium to be part of that first TA voyage. The fire will be a minor setback and any delay it might cause will easily be made up. There have been far worse. I am sure a cause will be found quickly and they will get back to work and come in on time.

As Bill stated you have nothing to lose by booking now and keeping an eye on the price should it go down. A phone call and they will make an adjustment.

Its a tough call. Prices likely to rise in my opinion. They just had a fire onboard doing about $68,000 in damages. Maybe they will offer a quick FIRE SALE!:eek:

The fire was on Quantum of the Seas not Anthem. It started in a cabin on deck 3. Anthem is still a shell without any cabins..

Quantum is due to float out in August so they've got a few weeks to fix it..

The fire was on Quantum of the Seas not Anthem. It started in a cabin on deck 3. Anthem is still a shell without any cabins..

Quantum is due to float out in August so they've got a few weeks to fix it..

All reports are that the fire was on Anthem not Quantum. Edited by peteukmcr

Quantum = ship in the dry dock with cabins on deck 3

Anthem = one megablock floated outside a week ago. Next block keel laid in front of Quantum. I.e not yet called a ship or with cabins installed, even if they had installed them in the megablock they wouldn't have evacuated the dry dock as it's outside.

Therefore it IS Quantum.

:D