My new status

Congrats on emerald. And it will be another 2 years before I can be diamond. Don't know how ya'll do it so fast.

don't feel too bad, it's going to take a couple of years for us... unfortunately we had a JS and got spoiled!!! have to save up for that one

Loggra - glad you got it!!!!

We might not get much in extras, but it's still fun to climb the ladder!!! I was reading somewhere, can't remember, there are still lots and lots of people on cruises that are their first!!!

Congratulations fellow Emerald. We also just made it after our last cruise on Navigator one month ago. We, too, are on that march to Diamond. with the cruises we have currently booked we'll be 2 points shy after our July 31, 2015 Alaskan cruise. Now we're looking at some 3 day weekenders on Enchantment just to top us off. We are waiting for Royal to post a schedule of 2016 Panama Canal transits so we can book one. We definitely want to be Diamond before that cruise.

We just made Emerald today!! We breezed through Platinum since we did a B2B with two cabins two weeks ago on Navigator:D Have to wait two years for the next cruise but I may look for something sooner cause I'm going through cruise withdrawl right now;)

i know they have that chart on the website, i was rather hopeing for some detail as to what is exactly different

If i may appropriate Albert's question as my own, of all the things listed in the levels, what are the things that people get most excited about? For me, I thought it would be the balcony discount. However, I just turned platinum and have two other cruises scheduled, and I have been told I cannot use the discount on either. For the first one they say it can't be combined with the WOW sale, and for the second, they say that since the price went up since I booked, I'd have to pay the higher price to use the discount. It leaves me wondering if it's even worth being loyal to one cruise line.

Coincidentally, on the day the cruise that made me platinum ended, the price on the second cruise was the same as it was when I booked (I have proof) -- but while I was waiting for my platinum status to show in their system, the price went up.

I see there are significant differences when one reaches Diamond plus, but until then, are there benefits that are worthwhile? The balcony discount seems like it's largely a bait and switch.

Edited by brklyn78

I see there are significant differences when one reaches Diamond plus, but until then, are there benefits that are worthwhile? The balcony discount seems like it's largely a bait and switch.

The big difference is at diamond not diamond plus. Diamond lounge on most ships for 24/7 coffee and free drinks and snacks in the evening, nice breakfast in the lounge if you don't want anything cooked, free photo, free internet minutes (60 minutes each on our Indy cruise in May).

I...I see there are significant differences when one reaches Diamond plus, but until then, are there benefits that are worthwhile? The balcony discount seems like it's largely a bait and switch.

The balcony discount starts at Platinum and I don't see it as bait and switch at all. It's saved us much money over the years.