Hyatt Regency Pier 66

SMSACE6

Hi fellow CC'r s, I am going to be staying in Fort Lauderdale for a day after my cruise in November and am considering this hotel, because the rates on their own website are quite reasonable for that date.

I have been reading some reviews on tripadvisor, and, as usual with many nice hotels they are mixed. I am very close to booking this hotel, and think it is a good deal, but I would love to hear from some fellow CC'r s, about what they think. I will be off the ship early of course and my flight leaves the next day in the afternoon, so looking at close to a full day there.

the restaurants seem expensive, is there anything reasonable close by? Tower rooms are only going ten dollars more than the 2 story building, should I go for the tower?

Thanks for any advice.:)

Go for a tower room, and it is a nice and clean hotel. Restraunts are just a few blocks west down 17th street. You could get on the water taxi, it stops at the hotel and take it up and down the intercoastal all day. You can get on and off as many times as you please in one day.

Thanks for the info, I have gone ahead and booked a tower room. I have heard that the water taxi is not going there now because of renovations, but should be back in late October. Im going in late November, so hoping it is back by then because I would love to do this.

We just stayed there (last month) and absolutely loved our tower room. Across the street there is a gas station with everything you need plus a Quiznos and Dunkin Donuts inside.

The service was wonderful. We can't wait to stay at Hyatt Pier 66 again.