Please bring back evening movies on M class ships

newmommy2

I agree with the OP. I enjoy the movies shown in the cinema each evening. It was a big disappointment on our June 1 Summit cruise to find out that these had been discontinued. When I inquired why this was done I received various responses from" it was too expensive " to "you have to let Celebrity know that you want them on you comment card". I'm still waiting for my comment card, so if Celebrity is reading this, BRING BACK THE CINEMA AND THE MOVIES.

I agree with the OP. I enjoy the movies shown in the cinema each evening. It was a big disappointment on our June 1 Summit cruise to find out that these had been discontinued. When I inquired why this was done I received various responses from" it was too expensive " to "you have to let Celebrity know that you want them on you comment card". I'm still waiting for my comment card, so if Celebrity is reading this, BRING BACK THE CINEMA AND THE MOVIES.

Unfortunately there is no more Cinema on Celebrity M Class ships after Solticization, just a conference room with hard plastic chairs, not the most inviting setting for watching a movie.

Unfortunately there is no more Cinema on Celebrity M Class ships after Solticization, just a conference room with hard plastic chairs, not the most inviting setting for watching a movie.

I know on my Summit sailing 2 weeks ago, they showed Gravity in the theater one afternoon. I assumed it was movie theatre, but guess it must have been the main theatre?

I didn't go just remember reading in the daily, and thinking how weird, it's one of the movies on TV and they were choosing that for the movie theatre as well.

That's why I said BRING THE CINEMA BACK. Changes are great in many instances, but this is not one of them, IMO.

Was on the Celebrity Infinity for 24 days recently and three days they showed recent movies in the Celebrity Theatre. Seems all the other days they needed the theatre for rehearsals for the production shows or for other entertainment. There was not enough to do on all the sea days (it was a TA) and many people were complaining about the lack of activities. Hardly any trivia or name that tune or organized bridge etc.

That's just sad.. Those activities you mention are the foundations upon which cruising was designed and revered.... especially during those highly-anticipated sea days.. Of course things change and the suits in the boardroom are all coming up with new ideas..... but Celebrity is straying a bit TOO far from the basics for our tastes..

If it's not a revenue-producing venue, they probably won't bring it back..

Really enjoyed the movie theaters on the older ships...and they were always well attended.

we take one night off on each cruise for room service or buffet and in room movies on S class...they have some up to date titles and a great system...much better than the website technology.

would not like movies out at the pool area but hope they bring them back on M class if they have been eliminated...we'll be back on Connie but have not been on her since Solsticizing.

Just off the Summit and there were no free on demand movies on the tv in the room. They had a single movie channel which showed a variety of movies (3 a day). The problem is you had to check when they started, you can't pause them and if you missed the end, most of them weren't replayed. They still offered the pay for view for $12.95 per movie and had a selection of 51 movies there (though not really because many of the movies were offered in multiple languages so my guess would be there was more like 30 movies offered for an additional fee).

My dad and I managed to catch 1 free tv movie in it's entirety while my mother had an afternoon nap. I love movies on vacation and I felt that Celebrity had a very poor showing in that area.

In addition to the in room movie channel, on 2 of our port days they showed a movie in the main theatre. It was only played once during that day. We caught "saving Mr Banks" because it was at 3pm but "Gravity" started at 1pm and we missed it.

I know many people don't cruise for movies but I do enjoy the freedom to sit down and watch them uninterrupted and without distraction (which never happens at home). I felt that Celebrity did a poor job in this area compared to many other lines.

Agreed, I was similarly disappointed on Constellation.

It's a far cry from when they had the cinema on Millennium. They really let the ball drop when they shut down that facility.

Just off the Summit and there were no free on demand movies on the tv in the room. They had a single movie channel which showed a variety of movies (3 a day). The problem is you had to check when they started, you can't pause them and if you missed the end, most of them weren't replayed. They still offered the pay for view for $12.95 per movie and had a selection of 51 movies there (though not really because many of the movies were offered in multiple languages so my guess would be there was more like 30 movies offered for an additional fee).

My dad and I managed to catch 1 free tv movie in it's entirety while my mother had an afternoon nap. I love movies on vacation and I felt that Celebrity had a very poor showing in that area.

In addition to the in room movie channel, on 2 of our port days they showed a movie in the main theatre. It was only played once during that day. We caught "saving Mr Banks" because it was at 3pm but "Gravity" started at 1pm and we missed it.

I know many people don't cruise for movies but I do enjoy the freedom to sit down and watch them uninterrupted and without distraction (which never happens at home). I felt that Celebrity did a poor job in this area compared to many other lines.

I surely hope that the Celebrity "head-honchos" read all these posts. HAL has a brochure in their staterooms listing mega movies, delivered to your room if

desired… FREE of charge. Just for the asking…. Just saying…… Very nice to

have this option, should you be under the weather, or just want to veg & watch a movie.

I surely hope that the Celebrity "head-honchos" read all these posts. HAL has a brochure in their staterooms listing mega movies, delivered to your room if

desired… FREE of charge. Just for the asking…. Just saying…… Very nice to

have this option, should you be under the weather, or just want to veg & watch a movie.

And, by contrast, Princess give you a printed tv program showing all the movies and times on your cruise, so you know what time to watch if you want to.

Unlike Celebrity's approach where you have a good chance of not knowing before the movies started. Or, if you just flick to the movie channel, have no idea what the movie is - unless you then skip to the info channel, wait to find out for a few minutes before it scrolls through, and then having missed a few more minutes of the movie just give up and do something else!

As said, they really let the ball drop on this one... far from a luxurious experience.

NCL shows them in the atrium in the afternoon and hands out bags of fresh hot popcorn while in a port. Nice to do when you don't want to get off the ship. Going to miss that on my summit cruise in 3 weeks. But I'm sure I will find something to do.