Royal Refreshment Package Service Charge???

I'm adding beverage packages to our reservations.

What is the "Service Charge" all about.

It's coming up on the Royal Refreshment Package but not the Royal Replenish??

Is that the automatic Gratuity?

Child - Royal Refreshment Package 34.02 CAD

Service Charge 5.10 CAD

Adult - Royal Refreshment Package 49.14 CAD

Service Charge 7.37 CAD

Adult Royal Replenish 151.20 CAD

Service Charge 0.00 CAD

Edited by vacation_junkie

The Royal Refreshment (soda only) package has a 15% gratuity/service charge added on. The other, higher-priced beverage packages have the gratuity/service charge already factored in to their prices.

It's typical RCI consistency... or lack thereof.

This page describes the packages. The packages on the first page have the gratuities included; the packages on the second page don't.

Edited by Daghis

Yes, the soda package (Refreshment) has a 15% gratuity added.

The other packages (Replenish, Select, Premium, Ultimate) include gratuity.

Edited by clarea

A little confused. When you pay the fee for the soda package up front you pay an additional 15% each time you receive a beverage? When you are filling your soda cup can you get it filled at a bar or only a specific station? Is the only difference between regular soda package and replenish package that you get water and juice with the replenish? Thanks. Sailing 10/12/14 Allure

A little confused. When you pay the fee for the soda package up front you pay an additional 15% each time you receive a beverage? When you are filling your soda cup can you get it filled at a bar or only a specific station? Is the only difference between regular soda package and replenish package that you get water and juice with the replenish? Thanks. Sailing 10/12/14 Allure

The up front charge will include the gratuity. No extra charges are added when you get drinks.

Great to know. I figured once you purchased a beverage on your plan no additional tipping was required. I will tip additional when they bring me a drink. I always bring a couple rolls of dollar coins and hand those out. In the past the crew loved them!

I figured once you purchased a beverage on your plan no additional tipping was required.

This is correct. If you wish to tip for a beverage received as part of a package, it would be on top of gratuity either paid with or as part of the package.

funny thing is i got 1 soda from a bar and the rest all from the soda machines. gratuity galore.

I guess it works out to about $1/day gratuity on the soda-only package, and we did see people servicing/filling the machines throughout the cruise. So I guess a service charge isn't out of line.

I guess it works out to about $1/day gratuity on the soda-only package, and we did see people servicing/filling the machines throughout the cruise. So I guess a service charge isn't out of line.

no its not out of line, however they maintain the machines at burgerking as well.

Are you saying you paid addition tip when you got your cup filled at a bar rather than the machine?

funny thing is i got 1 soda from a bar and the rest all from the soda machines. gratuity galore.

Are you saying you paid addition tip when you got your cup filled at a bar rather than the machine?

No, i was just mentioning the irony of being grated but only using the bar once, they sort of made a face like they didnt want to bother getting me a soda, so i got the rest from the fountain to avoid that. Plus i liked the different cherry zero stuff. so i didnt mind.