? Civitavecchia to Tivoli via Rome

epixx

We're interested in visiting Villa d'Este and Villa Adriana on a Sunday in August. After contacting a number of driver services to find the prices between 430 and 670 euros for 4, I inquired from one driver whether we could take the train to Rome and then use their service from there. I was quoted a price of 240 euros and was told that this plan would be very reasonable if we could arrive in Rome around 0900. Ship is in port from 0700 to 1900. We could try for the 0750 IC train. Does this seem reasonable to you, or is it too much travel time relative to the amount of time we're likely to have at Tivoli?

It seems reasonable. Tivoli isn't all that far from Rome, it's just difficult to get there on a port day using public transportation due to the connections. If you can get to Rome and then use a driver, you'll be fine. Many day tours that start in Rome only give you a half-day in Tivoli, so unless you like a lot of time to look around (which I do :o), you should have enough time.

Have you read here about the temporary change in the port shuttle drop-off location in Civitavecchia? It's now a longer walk (or a short local bus ride) to the train station. You'll probably need to look sharp and be off the ship the moment you can if you want to catch the 7:50 train.