Disney Magic Main Dining Room - A little help here!

debt

I think I understand the rotational dining thing. What I'm looking for help with is the seating arrangements. Are you assigned to a table with assorted other cruisers or if you're going solo are there tables for 2 (1)?

I think I understand the rotational dining thing. What I'm looking for help with is the seating arrangements. Are you assigned to a table with assorted other cruisers or if you're going solo are there tables for 2 (1)?

The dining rooms aboard have tables for 4, 6, and 8. Unless you are sailing Concierge, you will most likely be seated with others if you are a party of 2. You could be assigned to a 4 top alone, or to a 6 or 8 top with others. Concierge groups are typically seated by themselves, unless they request otherwise.

If it's important to you to be seated alone, you should have the request placed on your reservation. Many times such requests are honored, sometimes they cannot be. You would be seated at a 4 top by yourselves.

I will point out that DCL is very good at matching dinner companions (at least in our experience), and it's a great way to meet people from all over. They typically will place couples with couples (sometimes with singles in the same age range), as well as families with kids with each other (generally based on the ages of the kids.

Edited by Shmoo here

The dining rooms aboard have tables for 4, 6, and 8. Unless you are sailing Concierge, you will most likely be seated with others if you are a party of 2. You could be assigned to a 4 top alone, or to a 6 or 8 top with others. Concierge groups are typically seated by themselves, unless they request otherwise.

If it's important to you to be seated alone, you should have the request placed on your reservation. Many times such requests are honored, sometimes they cannot be. You would be seated at a 4 top by yourselves.

I will point out that DCL is very good at matching dinner companions (at least in our experience), and it's a great way to meet people from all over. They typically will place couples with couples (sometimes with singles in the same age range), as well as families with kids with each other (generally based on the ages of the kids.

Thanks for your reply! How are folks seated in the buffet at dinner, is it open seating?

Thanks for your reply! How are folks seated in the buffet at dinner, is it open seating?

Well, it's not a buffet, it's a sit-down table service with a limited menu pulled from the other menus available that evening in the other dining rooms.

You can go there anytime during their service hours and you will be seated and order and get served just as in the MDRs.

I've read there is also a carving station and a salad bar for dinner at Cabanas.

• 2 weeks later...

We always call and a request a table for just us.

They sat the 3 of us at a 4 person table.

My purse occupied the other chair :D

If you eat at Cabana's since its a buffet its a free for all where you sit.

There is no buffet at dinner. There is a casual restaurant on the pool deck level that offers a sit down service where you order off a menu. You go to the podium and are seated. We have always been "just our family" when we've chosen this option. If you have a seating request, make it at the podium--like you want to be close to the windows or away from the windows, etc.

Cabanas is a buffet at breakfast and lunch, but NOT at dinner.

There is no buffet at dinner. There is a casual restaurant on the pool deck level that offers a sit down service where you order off a menu. You go to the podium and are seated. We have always been "just our family" when we've chosen this option. If you have a seating request' date=' make it at the podium--like you want to be close to the windows or away from the windows, etc.

Cabanas is a buffet at breakfast and lunch, but NOT at dinner.[/quote']

Not sure if it will just be on the Med cruises - but on ours this year (31st May), Cabanas was a buffet 2 nights of the 5 it was open in the evenings, and a sit-down restaurant the other 3. This was noted on the navigator :)

I was surprised when I saw it as I'd read everywhere that it was sit down only in the evenings. Unsure whether it will be a permanent change though :) It was nice to be able to go to the buffet of an evening

Not sure if it will just be on the Med cruises - but on ours this year (31st May), Cabanas was a buffet 2 nights of the 5 it was open in the evenings, and a sit-down restaurant the other 3. This was noted on the navigator :)

I was surprised when I saw it as I'd read everywhere that it was sit down only in the evenings. Unsure whether it will be a permanent change though :) It was nice to be able to go to the buffet of an evening

Interesting. On the 12 night EBTA, it was sit down.