Royal Princess Massage Options

meripour

Not even the folks a Princess could tell me the difference in the massage options aboard the Royal within the Lotus Reservations phone bank. They recognize the ship has a whole different layout than the others. Some appear to the length of time and perhaps place, but they could not say that either. The online booking descriptions are no help. Evidently a massage is not just a massage any longer on the Royal and now Regal, but is also the place in which it is given. (?)

Couples Cabana Massage for $288 shows 80/105 minutes

Exotic Cabana Massage for $440 shows 105/120 minutes

Ultimate Indulgence Villa Package for $589 shows 160/195 minutes

Since there are multiple locations on the ship; Lotus, Enclave, Sanctuary does anyone know where the Villa vs Cabana are located, what the difference is (Couples Cabana vs Exotic Cabana), and what you get on these (and the other options offered) Cabana vs Villa? Clearly this ship has a whole different setup when it comes to Body Treatments, massages in particular.

Its a lot of money and we want to be clear on what we are committing to.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't cruised Royal Princess, but I have done Regal, and the two ships are nearly identical. I was just on Regal Princess two weeks ago, and we did the Ultimate Indulgence, which included a deep-tissue massage (which was EXCELLENT) and facial, plus an extra hour in the villa in the spa (which includes couples bathtub, private bathroom and private steamroom; you can also order food from there and play games).

The Villa is in the spa. It's lovely and private. Here's a link to the picture I took while onboard.

The Cabanas are in The Sanctuary. They are large spaces with curtains that can be drawn for privacy.

The Exotic Cabana Massage includes a choice of a 75-minute Bamboo Massage, Thai Herbal Poultice Massage or Thai Coconut Poultice Massage, plus 30

relaxing minutes of quiet time plus food and non-alcoholic beverage.

The Couples Cabana includes a choice of a 50-minute Swedish Massage or Deep Tissue Massage, plus 30 relaxing minutes of quiet time/food/beverage.

If you're interested, visit our Regal Princess review for a little more info on the spa and Sanctuary. Also, if you click "More Regal Princess Photos" on that link, you can see a slideshow. Photo 27 is a picture of the Cabanas in the Sanctuary.

Have fun!

Colleen

I haven't cruised Royal Princess, but I have done Regal, and the two ships are nearly identical. I was just on Regal Princess two weeks ago, and we did the Ultimate Indulgence, which included a deep-tissue massage (which was EXCELLENT) and facial, plus an extra hour in the villa in the spa (which includes couples bathtub, private bathroom and private steamroom; you can also order food from there and play games).

The Villa is in the spa. It's lovely and private. Here's a link to the picture I took while onboard.

The Cabanas are in The Sanctuary. They are large spaces with curtains that can be drawn for privacy.

The Exotic Cabana Massage includes a choice of a 75-minute Bamboo Massage, Thai Herbal Poultice Massage or Thai Coconut Poultice Massage, plus

relaxing minutes of quiet time plus food and non-alcoholic beverage.

The Couples Cabana includes a choice of a 50-minute Swedish Massage or Deep Tissue Massage, plus 30 relaxing minutes of quiet time/food/beverage.

If you're interested, visit our Regal Princess review for a little more info on the spa and Sanctuary. Also, if you click "More Regal Princess Photos" on that link, you can see a slideshow. Photo 27 is a picture of the Cabanas in the Sanctuary.

Have fun!

Colleen

Thanks so much!

I'm not sure what the couples massage we had, but it cost $400 and it was in one of the suites in Lotus Spa.

It was amazing and private. Included in the suite for 120 minutes was a bathroom, shower, steam room, tub, and a sitting area

That blew anything away in the sanctuary.

Do the Massage and Facial Therapist on Princess try to sell you products? I HATE this.

I'm happy that cruise lines have gotten away from trying to sell their products, but this will be our first Princess cruise.

Do the Massage and Facial Therapist on Princess try to sell you products? I HATE this.

I'm happy that cruise lines have gotten away from trying to sell their products, but this will be our first Princess cruise.

There is always a form to fill out before services. Just write in that you are not interested in purchasing any products. We have never had anyone try to sell us anything. :)

• 2 years later...
Thanks for the information all, especially Colleen. I just booked the ultimate indulgence villa package on the Regal for my wife and I based on your recommendation!!!! :) REALLLY looking forward to it!

Did you notice this thread is over 2 years old? Although it,s unlikely, The information and experiences may have changed.

Hopefully someone can confirm if things are still the same.

I'd like to know for our Royal Princess cruise next March.