First RCI cruise

We are doing our first RCI cruise on the Vision New Year's cruise. I have a few questions:

Where is a good place to get a martini before dinner? We are Celebrity veterans, and we are used to the Martini bar on the S class ships.

Do all the balcony cabins have the same layout? I have seen pictures of some RCI ships that have the bed by the balcony.

We are looking forward to our first cruise and sailing out of Tampa is a big plus for us. I have seen some pictures of the Vision and it looks like a beautiful ship.

Thanks,

Dave

ANY bar will make you a good martini! They pretty much carry the same supplies....the martini bar will give you a beer, the champagne bar will make vodka tonics, etc....it just depends on the ambiance of each bar you prefer!

Your ship's cabins will have the same layout...only Allure/Oasis have that alternating bed thing going on.

The Viking Crown bar would be nice and you would have great views while relaxing before dinner.

If you are Elite on Celebrity you can join Crown and Anchor and get Diamond level benefits which include the Diamond Lounge in the Viking Crown.

We are doing our first RCI cruise on the Vision New Year's cruise. I have a few questions:

Where is a good place to get a martini before dinner? We are Celebrity veterans, and we are used to the Martini bar on the S class ships.

Do all the balcony cabins have the same layout? I have seen pictures of some RCI ships that have the bed by the balcony.

We are looking forward to our first cruise and sailing out of Tampa is a big plus for us. I have seen some pictures of the Vision and it looks like a beautiful ship.

Thanks,

Dave

Have fun and enjoy your time with RCCL. Do register for the CC meet and mingle if it is over 7 days as there will be cocktails and treats thrown in if 25 or more register. great way to meet new friends.

Look for the ship name and day of cruise and register on the roll call maybe some other activities as well going on. Use your celebrity status to upgrade to diamond if they are comparable and look for extras like the Diamond lounge for free drinks between 5 and 8:30 pm.

Edited by Folk Singer

I would look to the R-Bar at the base of the centrum for the martini.

Yes, R-Bar deck 4 Centrum is THE place to go for any specialized drinks and likely the best martini's. During my Vision experience they had several cocktail demo's, and I understood at the time some of the best bartenders are stationed at R-Bar to mix specialized cocktails and so forth. Also if I remember correctly, they advertised some specialized drinks that other venues do not within their R-Bar drink menu. I guess this could've changed since the Vision relocated to FLL from Panama. Bob, do you have that R-Bar drink menu?

The next best would be the Viking Crown Lounge at the top of the ship for views, as well as Diamond Lounge if you wish to meet other cruisers.

Have a great cruise! :D

Yes, R-Bar deck 4 Centrum is THE place to go for any specialized drinks and likely the best martini's. During my Vision experience they had several cocktail demo's, and I understood at the time some of the best bartenders are stationed at R-Bar to mix specialized cocktails and so forth. Also if I remember correctly, they advertised some specialized drinks that other venues do not within their R-Bar drink menu. I guess this could've changed since the Vision relocated to FLL from Panama. Bob, do you have that R-Bar drink menu?

The next best would be the Viking Crown Lounge at the top of the ship for views, as well as Diamond Lounge if you wish to meet other cruisers.

Have a great cruise! :D

No, sorry, don't have that one. I'll have to scan it after our next cruise.:)

Sue & I did the New Years Cruise on Enchantment last year (New Years Eve in CoCo Cay, New Years Day in Nassau then a day to recuperate), we had such a good time, we're booked again for this years New Year's cruise.

Enchantment is a stretched Vision Class and I imagine New Year's Eve activities are the same. On New Years Eve, Enchantment had parties all about the Ship for any taste, they had two combined bands in the Centrum doing Pop/Rock. They had a Latin band in Boleros, They had the Ship's Ochestra doing Big Band music in the Spotlight Lounge and a Pianist in the Schooner Bar. Every host/hostess started bringing out trays of complimentary Champaign about 11:45pm. There was a Buffet on the Pool Deck at 12:15am and if you were wondering what was happening in the Viking Crown Lounge, well, they started a Disco Party about 12:15AM (The First Party of 2014) that went, I'm Told, until 5AM...

My favorite martini is made with Bombay Saphire... I found a bartender in the Shcooner Bar that made one just right... (Not so much the bar as the Bartender).

Enjoy the New Year's Cruise

Dennis & Sue

30192-profile.png