Room service

pippin65

Hi all, will be on the liberty 8/9 and my 75 yo mom asked me how much tip do you give for room service. Having never used it I wasn't sure what the answer was. Can someone let me know please. And whilst on the topic of food, I love fettuccini Alfredo -- is that available on the liberty? Thanks and so excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We do $1-$2.00 depending on what we order, and how many people. We have a social hour a few nights, and order the cheese and fruit trays, along with a few sandwiches that someone may order, so for that we tip $10.00 because its often delivered by two people. The room service staff has taken care of us when cruising whether on Carnival or Royal, so wed return the favor with tips, and the comment cards.

Edited by sjcruiser

Hi all, will be on the liberty 8/9 and my 75 yo mom asked me how much tip do you give for room service. Having never used it I wasn't sure what the answer was. Can someone let me know please. And whilst on the topic of food, I love fettuccini Alfredo -- is that available on the liberty? Thanks and so excited!

If it's a full meal, about $2. That's the same you tip for your meal if it were served to you in the dining room for an hour and a half by 3 people.

i always bring an envelope from home with me, with about 50 one dollar bills in it...$2-$3 tip for each order...if i have leftover dollars at the end, i give it to the room steward along with any additional tip for him that i feel he deserves..

Between $2 and $5, depending on if I have to call room service again. However, if it is not delivered in full and correct, I mark that it wasn't delivered. On Carnival, I write on the receipt "not delivered in full" with the current time and initial it. I do the same on Princess, except under delivery time. I also don't sign the receipt until the order is correctly delivered.

For some reason, Carnival doesn't know how to melt the cheese on the grilled cheese. They can't seem to follow simple instructions that are given when placing the order. It is a grilled cheese, it doesn't require an education. On the other hand, Princess seems to have difficulty on occasion bringing breakfast items before 5am, such as cereal or a bagel.

Um, yes you do.

You didn't used to sign for room service, and now you do.

So everyone who replied is right. ;)

Just like on land, you can tip anywhere from nothing to a zillion dollars if you so desire.

I usually tip 2.00.

re; fettucine alfredo...it is not available by room service for certain. Room service only had a breakfast menu (no eggs, bacon, sausage) just a continental breakfast, and the rest of the menu is sandwiches, salads and desserts. No fettucine alfredo from room servce sorry. I also dont recall seeing it on any dining room menu, though there are many pasta dishes available.

btb....was on the Liberty 5 years ago,,had the best cruise of my life...loved the ship and cruise, and that was even before the 2.0 upgrades. Love that ship always.

Edited by SMSACE6

You don't sign a slip for room service so that won't work.

Just cruised in May on the Miracle. They brought us a slip to sign every time. No charge, but a place to add the tip. We tip in cash, but still needed to sign the slip to show it was delivered. Might vary from ship to ship.

OP, we tip between $2 and $5 per delivery depending on how much we order.