Emancipation Day in Bermuda

beach Friday

You can probably get more information from the Bermuda board here... it's under "Ports of Call." I imagine it will be similar to the 4th of July here in the States.... shops open with sales going on... probably many events throughout the island commemorating the Holiday.

You can probably get more information from the Bermuda board here... it's under "Ports of Call." I imagine it will be similar to the 4th of July here in the States.... shops open with sales going on... probably many events throughout the island commemorating the Holiday.

No, I'm afraid. Do your shopping on the Wednesday.

Here's a link to the Bermuda website that gives information about Bermuda's Public Holidays. It seems they are more like Canada and UK with most shops and all government offices closed.

http://www.bermuda-online.org/pubhols.htm

Enjoy your cruise :)

Edited by All-ready2cruise
my copy didn't work 1st time sorry.

No, I'm afraid. Do your shopping on the Wednesday.

Agreed -- outside the US, most countries treat holidays as just that -- holidays for all. Stores and shops will close, regardless of it being a tourist location. They believe that everyone deserves to celebrate. There was a time in the US that we were close to that.

Agreed -- outside the US, most countries treat holidays as just that -- holidays for all. Stores and shops will close, regardless of it being a tourist location. They believe that everyone deserves to celebrate. There was a time in the US that we were close to that.

Yes, a BIG yes. 2 years ago we went to Canada to put DS into University at end of Aug/beg Sept, and learnt the hard way. On Labour Day EVERYTHING was closed - including the Walmart and DrugMart!! We wasted a travel day there.

This year we're going back with DS as he's moving places, and we're coming home the day before Labour Day so we can enjoy a Bermudaful day out on our boat!!

Edited by bluesea777