Hotels to stay in Baltimore with kids

mmommy

We are porting from Baltimore this time and never been. Looking for a safe hotel area close to the pier.

Any suggestions?

Also we are doing GRANDEUR OF THE SEAS and we go to Port Canaveral. What can we do there with 2 small kids under 6.

The cruise terminal in Baltimore is located in an industrial area. There are no hotels right by the port. There are a number of hotels located in surrounding areas, including the BWI Airport area, which is about 20 minutes away. Also, the Inner Harbor is about 10 minutes away by taxi/car. You should take a look at the east coast departures board for more info:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=415

Activities for 2 small children in Cape Canaveral could include the Kennedy Space Center, if you think that would interest them, or you can take the Renaissance Hotel shuttle bus over to Cocoa Beach and spend the day at the beach. We did that a few years ago and the bus was free, we just gave the driver a tip.

We are porting from Baltimore this time and never been. Looking for a safe hotel area close to the pier.

Any suggestions?

Also we are doing GRANDEUR OF THE SEAS and we go to Port Canaveral. What can we do there with 2 small kids under 6.

I am leaving out of Baltimore also for the first time. I do not know of any hotels to stay in since we are driving to the port same day as departure. I do know however that there are buses that can take you to Disney World and also Universal Studios. The charge is $35 a person round trip and you are responsible for your own admission to the park. If your kids haven't been and you don't mind waiting in ride lines this might be a good thing for you. I am a big kid so I plan to go to Universal Studios. My best friend that lives in Orlando is going to meet me there with her 5 year old daughter so maybe my husband and I won't look so bad lol. Hope this helped

I highly recommend the Sleep Inn BWI as a park and cruise package that can be purchased through the park and fly websites (don't think I can name them here). For a much lower cost than parking at the pier you get your room the night before, parking,breakfast, shuttle to the pier (both before and after).

If you use this hotel the night before, take advantage of great Baltimore seafood at the G&M restaurant. Just ask at the desk for directions.

Baltimore inner Harbor is where to stay. There are several Marriott hotels right there including Court Yard and Residence. Though I prefer the main one.

At Inner Harbor tons of shops, AMAZING Aquarium, Sailing Ship, Submarine,and on the other side go inner Harbor the Science Museum with Imax.

For dinner go to Little Italy and make a stop at Vaccaro's for dessert and Coffee.

Just lovely there. Also right near the baseball stadium. Maybe you can catch a game.

Enjoy lived there for many years, it is fantastic. Inner Harbor is the way to go!

I highly recommend the Sleep Inn BWI as a park and cruise package that can be purchased through the park and fly websites (don't think I can name them here). For a much lower cost than parking at the pier you get your room the night before, parking,breakfast, shuttle to the pier (both before and after).

If you use this hotel the night before, take advantage of great Baltimore seafood at the G&M restaurant. Just ask at the desk for directions.

Unless you want to just go to a hotel and hop on the ship. I would not recommend this. Lived down the street from there . Nothing for the kids to do.

Inner Harbor is so much fun and safe.

What do you want to do in Baltimore?? See something or just sleep?

Are you driving?? There are zero hotels by the pier...do NOT lock into a package either and AVOID the Best Western on O'Donnell street....

Read through this little blog I put together, let us know when you're traveling and we can help more...

That should give you a start with some places to stay.... You're arriving on a Thursday so rates will be a little higher...

Also, where are you coming from? If from the North, look around White Marsh....try the Residence Inn.....

I see that you're coming from Canada...the Inner Harbor is nice and there are many hotels....but parking is expensive...parking at the pier is $15 per night, so you can save by staying outside of the city...

I wouldn't go out by the airport ....you CAN likely get a package at one of the places by White Marsh ---I only said to not lock into finding a package deal as you leave yourself more options....hope that makes sense...I have not had enough coffee yet.

Edited by megr1125

Port Discovery, Aquarium, Md Science Center, Ripley's Believe it or Not, ship tours...

So much for kids to see and you to spend your $$$ on at the Inner Harbor. I agree with another poster who actually lives in this area to avoid the suburban hotels if you want the kids to see anything cool. Arundel Mills outlet mall is huge with a Medieval Times and Dave & Buster's but that's typical for many US cities, kind of a tourist trap. Go to the city for an authentic Baltimore experience. Take your time, walk around the water, buy taffy at the shops at Inner Harbor and eat gelato at Vaccaro's. They will love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Also, Harbor East has a few lower-priced hotel chains (right next to a Four Seasons lol) so check them out, too. Very close walk to the main Inner Harbor action and has some great restaurants to try kids should enjoy like Roy's or Oceanaire. Neither are cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have been booked in at the Hilton Baltimore at 401W Pratt Street, Baltimore by our TA.

Have never been to Baltimore and will only be staying the one night.

Are there any restaurants in walking distance of this hotel.

We will be flying from England arriving in Baltimore in the late afternoon. So we will want a meal before we go to bed.

Any advice much appreciated.

megr1125 Thank you for the blog

We have been booked in at the Hilton Baltimore at 401W Pratt Street, Baltimore by our TA.

Have never been to Baltimore and will only be staying the one night.

Are there any restaurants in walking distance of this hotel.

We will be flying from England arriving in Baltimore in the late afternoon. So we will want a meal before we go to bed.

Any advice much appreciated.

megr1125 Thank you for the blog

Yes. If you walk east on Pratt St. towards Harborplace there will be hotels and you may walk past that and you will find more restaurants on Pratt St.

Also the hotel can direct you to restaurants within walking distance of your hotel.