allure boardwalk cabin

Hopefully booking the allure tomorrow. I know I want an aft boardwalk cabin and a few members on here have have told me which ones are best for views of the aqua show and the sea but I just wondered if the port or starboard side is better our are they both the same.

Pretty much the same from either side. Some folks like the last cabins furthest back xx29 on either side. Some people recommend getting on deck 11 since there is a panoramic public deck at the end of the hall (literally just out the door from the xx29 cabins) which gives you a large "ocean view" balcony to use (albeit with others) as well as your BW balcony. 12 has a similar smaller public deck, Deck 14 cabins are just below the sports deck and the zip line and people have mentioned the noise from above when on their balconies. But my feeling is there is BW noise in those balconies almost all the time, it's part of the ambience!

Edited by Familygoboston
Correction deck #

Pretty much the same from either side. Some folks like the last cabins furthest back xx29 on either side. Some people recommend getting on deck 11 since there is a panoramic public deck at the end of the hall (literally just out the door from the xx29 cabins) which gives you a large "ocean view" balcony to use (albeit with others) as well as your BW balcony. 12 has a similar smaller public deck, Deck 14 cabins are just below the sports deck and the zip line and people have mentioned the noise from above when on their balconies. But my feeling is there is BW noise in those balconies almost all the time, it's part of the ambience!

The one thing to be aware of is that the higher you go up, the more sports deck noise you get. I prefer the Boardwalk noise (on the lower decks), and agree with Familygoboston that it's part of the ambiance.

If you want to minimize sports deck noise, I suggest decks 8/9. But I do agree that the "hidden" balcony on 11/12 is pretty awesome. We watched the Madagascar show from up there and it was pretty cool, you could see the aqua theater depth change more clearly and also see the scuba support staff lurking around the bottom of the pool at times.

I booked cabin 11329 for January 2016, Hope it works out nice, We have not yet sailed on the 2 big ships, By the time that cruise comes around I should have a good idea of the 3 different types of locations. I have now booked Boardwalk, Central Park, and ocean balcony. but we don't start on our big ship journey until September.

Hope your cabin choice works out great !!!!

Was in 11329 last January and it was a wonderful cabin. Viewed the aqua show from the balcony and it was very enjoyable. The "secret balcony" is right outside the door and many times we had it to ourselves. I would not hesitate to book this cabin again.

Was in 11329 last January and it was a wonderful cabin. Viewed the aqua show from the balcony and it was very enjoyable. The "secret balcony" is right outside the door and many times we had it to ourselves. I would not hesitate to book this cabin again.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on 11329 looking forward to it.

Thanks guys, cabin 11329 booked 6th Sept 2015. How many days is that!

Also while we were there we enquired about the Anthem sailing from Southampton 13th June 2915. Very surprised how booked up it was already so we ended up booking that as well.

Poor hubby is looking rather ashen faced!

Thanks guys, cabin 11329 booked 6th Sept 2015. How many days is that!

Also while we were there we enquired about the Anthem sailing from Southampton 13th June 2915. Very surprised how booked up it was already so we ended up booking that as well.

Poor hubby is looking rather ashen faced!

That sailing on the Anthem is 901 years away or 328,865 days! :eek: That's going to be a loooooooooooong countdown!!!! :D