Dolphin/Manatee Swim... help!!!

DispatchJess

My family and I will be in Cozumel on July 15th on the Conquest. We really want to go Chankanaab and relax and let my step-daughter and niece swim with the dolphins and I would like to swim with the manatees. The other 3 members of our trip just want to go into the park, watch us doing our swim adventures, swim at the beach, and relax. We'd also like to stay at the park after the swims (which are 10 and 11 AM respectively). However, we cannot book the dolphin swim separately outside of Carnival and their options in excursions aren't what we want to do.

Does anyone know if we can buy the park entrance online and then get the swim adventures the day we arrive? Or is there a way around the system- booking directly through Dolphin Discovery?

Thanks in advance!!

Carnival has an exclusive contract with DD. They cannot let you book on your own knowingly.

Some people have gone in person and found the staff look the other way. Other people book online using the name of a local hotel.

I booked it using a local hotel name. Was able to book the Manatee swim using Carnival though. Can't wait! Currently on sale right now for approximately $166 for an adult and a child which includes the buffet lunch and admission to the park.

Can this whole thing be done in the 8-5 time frame we have? Figured we'd all take a taxi over and back. This would be our first 'excursion' not booked with a cruise line and I definitely don't want us left behind.

Yes. That is more than enough time to enjoy Chankanaab.

Cozumel is a very easy port to do on your own. There will be taxi's lining up outside Chankanaab waiting to take you back to port.

Edited by skittl1321

I don't understand the comment about not being about to book outside of Carnival.

I'm booked on 6/23 and used the online reservation form and indicated that I'm arriving on a Carnival ship. Are we not supposed to?

Chankanaab is a few minutes from the port, $10 taxi fare. I never book this through the cruise ship because it is so easy to get to, there are taxis lined up to take you both ways. Print off the Internet discount coupon and buy your swims right at Chankanaab or reserve them through their website. I have done the manatee swim and it is incredible. I am going to do it again in October. It is a nice park with showers and lockers if you want them. We like the snorkeling there too.

When I used the online form to book the Dolphin Swim it told me to contact Carnival. When I called Carnival they said if you're on Carnival you cannot book any sort of dolphin swim outside of them when arriving in Cozumel via any Carnival ship. So that's why I used a hotel name for somewhere in Cozumel. It worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Question about the ship time vs cozumel time....my understanding is if the ship is out of Miami and Carnival usually stays with (Eastern standard time) then Cozumel would be one hour behind? (Central standard time)

So if the ship arrives at 8am (ship time/eastern) it is 7am Cozumel time/standard?

If I book the Manatee swim at Cozumel 10am time it will be 11am Ship time?

I really want to do the Manatee swim but want to make sure I'm getting this time right.

Thanks for any help...Can't wait to go to Chankanaab

We were at Chankanaab last month on Carnival. We just took a cab there ourselves. Once there we could do whatever we wanted. The girls originally had wanted to sign up for the manatee swim but the weather turned bad and they didn't. They never asked them about what ship etc. when discussing it with them.

If it is not busy in port and depending on time of year, I would just wait and make arrangements after you get there.